Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Chainsaws have been nerfed to uselessness!  (Read 96 times)

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Chainsaws have been nerfed to uselessness!
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »

I just tried out the Chainsaw in v1.1.0 and I feel like laughing and crying at the same time. I remember using the Chainsaw in beta releases and, while it mostly functions the same way, it has been nerfed to the point of being useless.

Consider how using a Diamond Axe to cut down trees in the Jungle Biome will regularly yield over 500 or 700 wood... per tree. Some of the extra large trees will yield over 1300 wood, per tree, with the Diamond Axe. And while the Gold Axe isn't as fast as the Diamond Axe, nor will it yield as much, it's not very far behind. While I can't remember exactly how much the Chainsaw used to yield in beta versions of PE, I do remember that it was quite a lot. It must have been close to the Gold Axe, if not higher.

But now...? The Chainsaw is laughable. Cutting down a huge tree in the Jungle biome will only yield around 260 wood at most! :o And some of the not-so-huge trees will only yield around 150 wood with the Chainsaw! ::)

I don't think the devs realize how silly it is that a Gold or Diamond Axe yields more wood than a Chainsaw. The Chainsaw may cut a bit faster, but a player can still accumulate wood faster with a Gold or Diamond Axe because each tree yields about 4 or 5 times more! Also, the Chainsaw still makes the player walk really, really slowly while wielding it, giving the player a funny-looking waddle, as if it weighs well over a hundred pounds. Because this makes the PC walk slowly, it takes longer to go from tree to tree as compared to wielding an axe...

I think what happened is the devs listened to the complainers who complained that rapidly gathering wood supposedly made the game too easy because they could sell a bunch of it and buy whatever they wanted from NPCs or shops. So, they nerfed the Chainsaw. And, now, it is worthless. No player in their right mind would use the Chainsaw when the Axe is so much better, especially since the Chainsaw will drain your battery. LOL!

Edit: Perhaps I should have posted this in the Planet Explorers General Discussion area, instead? Well, I guess my suggestion is to un-nerf the Chainsaw. Or, at least, drastically reduce the degree to which it has been nerfed. I may not even mind the drastic reduction in wood yield if it would allow cutting down trees 4 or 5 times faster than an Axe. But, that it does not do. Not even allowing the player to run while wielding it would do that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:33:03 PM by Thundercraft »