Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Drone/Robot weapon pods? Which does the most damage?  (Read 219 times)

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Drone/Robot weapon pods? Which does the most damage?
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

I am confused on which of the turrets for the Drone/Robot isos does the most damage. Logically, the Laser Turret should do less damage than the Particle Turret, which should do less damage than the Missile Turret. Why? Because of the costs:

Mini Laser Turret costs: 15 Copper, 15 Steel, 1 Chipset (500 MHz)
Mini Laser Turret buying price / selling price: 860 / 229
Mini Particle Turret costs: 20 Copper, 20 Steel, 2 Chipset (500 MHz)
Mini Particle Turret buying price / selling price: 1254 / 333
Mini Missile Turret costs: 35 Copper, 35 Steel, 30 Aluminum Alloy, 2 Chipset (1 GHz)
Mini Missile Turret buying price / selling price: 4528 / 1274

However, the in-game "Attack" rating of drones actually built with different turrets suggests otherwise. One can take the same drone design, built with the same components and materials, only swapping the mini turret and this clearly suggests that the Mini Laser Turret does the most damage.

As an example, here is my Amp-Bot Mk IV. I included 3 different versions, one for each type of turret:
http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-amp-bot-mk-iv-807.html

Here are the attack values:

Amp-Bot Mk IV Laser
-------------------
2 Mini Laser Turrets
Attack "220 /s"

Amp-Bot Mk IV Particle
---------------------
2 Mini Particle Turrets
Attack "123 /s"

Amp-Bot Mk IV Missile
---------------------
2 Mini Missile Turrets
Attack "93 /s"

Question: Is the in-game "Attack" value incorrect? Logically, it should be backwards. The version with Mini Missile Turrets should have an attack value of 220 /s, whereas the one with Mini Laser Turrets should have the measly Attack of 93 /s. Considering the resource costs and part values, that would only be fair.