Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Colonists lost the will to live  (Read 230 times)

Wezzoid

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Colonists lost the will to live
« on: September 05, 2017, 12:45:11 AM »

In story mode, several of my VIP colonists have hit zero hunger and comfort. I think maybe it was caused by all the important characters hanging around in the Assembly Core for several important meetings and not getting sleep or food? They now sit around outside and won't work, eat, sleep; basically stuck. There has always been a good stock of food and medicine, other colonists are fine. One of the stuck ones is Nan who has a purple question mark (re prep for McTalk I think) and his dialogue box won't open at all. (I'm at the stage where I am expected to design a large battle craft. First playthrough.) There is no way for me to make VIPs eat etc. What do I do, other than just move on to a different game? I was enjoying the storyline despite the horrible bugs. If there was a save game editor we could manually fix NPC states.

hatoryh

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Colonists lost the will to live
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »

For me the problem NPC is Tank Person. I can get a quest Botanist's List but can't complete it. Also when I look on him in colony menu, he has everithing on 0 except health. I can't even use him as trainer for my farmers, he is permanently busy.

Wezzoid

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Colonists lost the will to live
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »

***MILD SPOILERS***
ok, I went back to an earlier save, reloaded after designing the attack ships, avoided sleeping, used loads of stims, and I made sure I got the translator data hunt and negotiation with the natives questline done before those NPCs starved themselves. Now their behaviour seems to be sane again. Really annoying bug that almost made me quit though, needs looking at urgently.