Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Better Hitbox for .ISO Objects! PLEASE!  (Read 120 times)

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Better Hitbox for .ISO Objects! PLEASE!
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »

Please, I beg you: Adjust the hitboxes of object ISOs to be more form-fitting!

Whenever I create and build a ramp ISO, I find that the hitbox ends up being a very clunky staircase pattern above the surface. This prevents characters or vehicles from using the ramp as a ramp. Trying to walk or drive over it results in the character or vehicle hitting what seems to be an invisible wall.

Jumping on top of the ramp, one ends up floating in space, which is very immersion breaking, to say the least!

And, while I have not tested it recently, the last time I tried to use the Hinge part to create a hinged platform that could be swung to one side, the Hinge would not work as obviously intended. (I.E., it was very buggy.)

If, for some reason (such as performance issues), it is not practical to make object hitboxes smooth enough for a ramp, then maybe you could implement ramp or drawbridge objects in the replicator system?

The primary reason why I quit playing PE last year was frustration. Specifically, frustration at (a) how so few new features had been implemented recently and (b) how I found it impossible to build my base the way I wanted to - with some sort of ramp or hinged platform to function as a simple drawbridge.

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Better Hitbox for .ISO Objects! PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:06:19 AM »

If we did mesh collision, it would have made the game run more sluggish than it did. The way people can make whatever they want means there has to be limitations for resource reasons.