Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Some Ideas  (Read 176 times)

vinff7

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Some Ideas
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »

First off want t say this game is amazing, can't wait to see how it grows.
These are just a few ideas I had while playing that I thought could help the game overall. These are from Alpha 2.01

Quests

The NPC quests were awesome, but I wish turning in things acted similarly to the commissions board where you choose to hand it to them from the speech arch instead of the character automatically handing items off when you speak with them.

If the map showed which stars corresponded to which quest when scrolled over that would be ideal.

Combat

Overall the weapon combat seems a bit to simple, you can just run up holding down right click to win.

The Hazardous ruin spar challenge seemed kind of like a waist since all you have to do is survive so you just spend 60 seconds running in a circle away from the other fighter. If there was a requirement to win, or land a few hits in that might make it more interesting. Not sure what could be done for the fight it just seemed strange while playing and not a good test of combat skills.

The bandirat prince fight seemed really easy, you can hit him and stop him from doing his leap into the air attack, so it seemed like if you just hit him over and over you stun locked him and won. If that was adjusted so he couldn't get hit out of his attacks that might improve the difficulty and fun of the fight.

The desert hoppers on the island would leap into the water around them preventing you from fighting them since we can't follow into water.

Minor thing
If there was an audio hint for when a fish bites that would be nice.

These are just a few suggestions, I'm in no way a game designer so feel free to ignore these. Looking forward to the Kickstarter for this game :)

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Some Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »

Regarding the sparring, once we put in dash and area attacks, it won't be so easy to just run around.