Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 243 times)

LuminousCity

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
A few suggestions
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:53:55 PM »

I love the game so far and for sure it looks amazing, not sure if I'm posting this in the right place... but here's a list of a few ideas I had:

1 - Environment.

• I'm looking forward for a more vivid sky at night, if you look at RIME's sky you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Addition of more and different weathers (Probably changing during the same day)
  • Larger days (I think the day ends really quick, probably that will need to adjust the stamina too).
  • Flowers and small insects, maybe?

2 - More Clothing.

• Decorative items, something like tie bow or hair clipper you can use over the clothes.
  • Possibility to use gloves and different kind of shoes.
  • Non gender restrictive clothing. (Pretty much like Animal Crossing)
  • Rings and necklaces (Mostly thinking about magical objects to boost skills)

3 - Others.

• Modify character's height and weight.
  • Multiplayer/Online feature.
  • Emotions and chat (Bounded to the multiplayer/online idea).
  • Farming.
  • Minigames (More thinking about "consoles" you can buy and use inside the house).
  • Backpacks.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »

I really like the fact you took the time to post this list.  I wanted to give my opinion of how these items affect the game and how much I would like to see certain aspects as well.  I agree with most of your list except for 1-2 items but I figured I'd state my own opinion of what makes some of those idea's fun, and what makes them actually secretly not a good use of developer resources.

1) environment - I do largely agree with most aspects.   I think more weathers ((And having them affect you some how)) Flowers, Bugs, and Beautiful night views are all great things.  I loved the Night Sky in Planet Explorers.  As for the 3rd point in this block, I think the days are quite long enough as they are.  I personally don't think the days need to be longer, but everyone has a different perspective.

2) Clothes Clothes clothes.  More clothes = more customization = more potential fun!  I like everything in this section of your list.

3)  This one i'll take to take in parts.
-Heights: I personally don't mind either way.  While it would be a nice feature, I think it may mess with some of the art dynamics and style of several things.  If it's possible without recoding how all the items are worn, I'd say yes.   However, it may require a new modelling rig to do this, which is a lot of effort and then all code related to the rig like clothing, actions, and the such must be redone as well.   This is a lot of work for a very minor cosmetic thing. 
-Multiplayer:  NO.    This is not the game for this feature.  It seems like an odd craze today that people want every game to be multiplayer.  Sometimes, having games being singleplayer only allows the dev's to focus more on again the core features and bringing out a much higher quality product.  Plus, this is a game where multiplayer wouldn't really add much depth to the game.   There is no massive difficulty curve in this game that makes cooperative multiplayer environments thrive.
-Hmm...  I think you can add in some Emotion actions for people to b eable to use for the fun of it, but again, not needed for multiplayer as multiplayer itself isn't that great for this Genre of game.
-Farming:  YES!!  However, this isn't going to be a Farming game according to Zifei.  Most likely, we can see Gardening ((Its kinda like that)) make its way into the game which would be equally wonderful.
-Minigames - There are plenty throughout the world if you go and find them.  However, being able to craft a T.V., a console, and some games and playing them with your dated in game Waifu would be a hilariously fun thing. 
-Backpacks - I am not sure what function they would have, but Outfits are always welcome in my opinion!
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

LuminousCity

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »

I really like the fact you took the time to post this list.  I wanted to give my opinion of how these items affect the game and how much I would like to see certain aspects as well.  I agree with most of your list except for 1-2 items but I figured I'd state my own opinion of what makes some of those idea's fun, and what makes them actually secretly not a good use of developer resources.

1) environment - I do largely agree with most aspects.   I think more weathers ((And having them affect you some how)) Flowers, Bugs, and Beautiful night views are all great things.  I loved the Night Sky in Planet Explorers.  As for the 3rd point in this block, I think the days are quite long enough as they are.  I personally don't think the days need to be longer, but everyone has a different perspective.

2) Clothes Clothes clothes.  More clothes = more customization = more potential fun!  I like everything in this section of your list.

3)  This one i'll take to take in parts.
-Heights: I personally don't mind either way.  While it would be a nice feature, I think it may mess with some of the art dynamics and style of several things.  If it's possible without recoding how all the items are worn, I'd say yes.   However, it may require a new modelling rig to do this, which is a lot of effort and then all code related to the rig like clothing, actions, and the such must be redone as well.   This is a lot of work for a very minor cosmetic thing. 
-Multiplayer:  NO.    This is not the game for this feature.  It seems like an odd craze today that people want every game to be multiplayer.  Sometimes, having games being singleplayer only allows the dev's to focus more on again the core features and bringing out a much higher quality product.  Plus, this is a game where multiplayer wouldn't really add much depth to the game.   There is no massive difficulty curve in this game that makes cooperative multiplayer environments thrive.
-Hmm...  I think you can add in some Emotion actions for people to b eable to use for the fun of it, but again, not needed for multiplayer as multiplayer itself isn't that great for this Genre of game.
-Farming:  YES!!  However, this isn't going to be a Farming game according to Zifei.  Most likely, we can see Gardening ((Its kinda like that)) make its way into the game which would be equally wonderful.
-Minigames - There are plenty throughout the world if you go and find them.  However, being able to craft a T.V., a console, and some games and playing them with your dated in game Waifu would be a hilariously fun thing. 
-Backpacks - I am not sure what function they would have, but Outfits are always welcome in my opinion!

First of all, Thanks a lot for your reply, it's always good to discuss about ideas or suggestions and I'm glad that we agreed in most of them!.
I just wanted to add a note about the multiplayer feature, and it's just a personal opinion, I really enjoy being able to share the stuff I like with my friends, probably not a huge server with 64 slots for multiplayer, maybe just a co-op option limited to 4 or 2 players, I dunno. I totally agree that some games are fun to play and discover by my own, can't argue against that, I loved RIME even if it just was an SP game.

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 02:03:54 AM »

A lot of what you've suggested we're looking into already. But no to multiplayer for sure, maybe for the next game. We don't have a multiplayer programmer for this project, so it'd be hard for us to do that.  :P

LuminousCity

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »

It always was really fun to have my male character wearing a skirt on Animal Crossing xD
Are you thinking about adding something like that in My Time At Portia?