Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Game won't load past Pathea screen  (Read 389 times)

kelie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Game won't load past Pathea screen
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »

I launched the game through Steam, and I got to the menu screen. I clicked play and the game went to the Pathea screen. It just sits there indefinitely. It has sat there for over an hour this time, and the time before that I let it sit for 40 minutes, figuring I might have been impatient the first time (I did a force quit after about 5 minutes).

As for my machine: I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro with a 2.7GHz intel core i5. It has 16GB RAM, and an intel iris graphics 6100 1536MB.

Now, I'm no expert on computers, but I think this computer is decently up to snuff. I play other games just fine. What is wrong? What am I missing?? Please help  :-\

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't load past Pathea screen
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:27:39 AM »

Please post the log under ~/Library/Logs/Unity/player.log for further investigation.

kelie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »

Ummm.... I don't know much beyond layman's computing things.... but I found this in the mass of stuff when I put "~/Library/Logs/Unity/player.log" into my browser.... Was that the right thing to do with that? I searched "log" and found just the one result, and also pasted some nearby context because I don't know what is actually relevant. Sorry I am a bit inept  :-[

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Database Loaded

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[OCLLOG]Succeed to init with Cpu

AngryAnt Behave version 2.5.4 (7765e94) - Copyright (C) Emil Johansen - AngryAnt 2015

Load 0:3636

kelie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »

Also I noticed that this repeats itself many times, and I thought that seemed odd...

Fallback handler could not load library /Users/keliekrause/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Planet Explorers/PE_Client.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/winmm.dll
Fallback handler could not load library /Users/keliekrause/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Planet Explorers/PE_Client.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libwinmm.dll.dylib
Fallback handler could not load library /Users/keliekrause/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Planet Explorers/PE_Client.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libwinmm.dll.so
Fallback handler could not load library /Users/keliekrause/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Planet Explorers/PE_Client.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libwinmm.dll.bundle
Fallback handler could not load library /Users/keliekrause/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Planet Explorers/PE_Client.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/winmm.dll.dylib

kelie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 11:48:49 PM »

Ok, so I looked in finder and cannot find a "Unity" folder.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:16:38 AM »

This is the right file. Can you send the whole file containing the information here?

Ummm.... I don't know much beyond layman's computing things.... but I found this in the mass of stuff when I put "~/Library/Logs/Unity/player.log" into my browser.... Was that the right thing to do with that? I searched "log" and found just the one result, and also pasted some nearby context because I don't know what is actually relevant. Sorry I am a bit inept  :-[

Database Loaded

[OCLLOG]Succeed to init with Cpu

AngryAnt Behave version 2.5.4 (7765e94) - Copyright (C) Emil Johansen - AngryAnt 2015

Load 0:3636

kelie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:03:04 AM »

It's actually too many characters to be allowed in this box, but I've attached an .rtf of the text.