Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Abandoned ruin modifications  (Read 233 times)

Cytek

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Abandoned ruin modifications
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »

I like the concept of the free form mining. Here are some suggestions I have for making it better.

1. make the relic sensor a crafted up-gradable item. make each level of upgrade detect and mark deeper more valuable relics.
2. Allow marking of detected relics - you go in with only so much stamina, not seeing that your digging to a powerstone or a old part before you do wastes stamina and doesn't reward you with what you may be looking for.  If you could tell from scanning what relic it was you could decide to dig for it or not.
3. make layers within the ruin that can only be dug by upgraded pick this goes hand in hand with one and two.  if you allow levels of scanning and marking you want to make sure an early level explorer can't get a powerful relic from a deeper level until they have naturally progressed to the correct upgraded pick.   

Paul

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned ruin modifications
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »

(for your 3rd point) Instead of making multiple layers in ruins won't it make more sense to just make different ruins that tell you before hand "The rock in this ruins in harder then most, you will need a good pickaxe to mine here" instead of returning to the same ruin though out your whole playthough you should have to go to harder one after awhile for better loot.

Also you can mark detected relics by putting the cross hair over it in the sensor mode for a few seconds

Cytek

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned ruin modifications
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:15:34 PM »

Your idea makes sense but would require the devs to develop additional ruins/dungeons for higher level play.... it could work.  Also I get that you can "Mark" relics with pointer but it doesn't identify them.... so for instance while I"m in the ruins looking for the motor I have to waste stamina digging to get a spare part that I have 400 of..... instead of being able to "See" that its a spare part and move on to identifying another relic until I find the one I'm looking for.