Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Day of the Sun Festival  (Read 110 times)

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
Day of the Sun Festival
« on: July 09, 2017, 12:27:10 AM »

Hi there!
I just wanted to give some proper feedback and suggestions regarding the Day of the Sun Festival, as noted in my feedback.

Firstly, i'm happy to see things like this, but they should probably be expected, heh... I almost forgot about it, but trying to go turn in commissions made it pretty hard to miss.. Thanks for that!

Firstly, I wanted to say that this was kinda a pain. I did manage to snag 4-5 boxes, which is probably more than any other npc individual managed to get for themselves, but boy was that tough, and i felt bad when some of those kids commented that they didn't get a single one.. I'd totally give them one of the ones i picked up.. :c

The thing that stuck out with this festival though that I think could see some major improvement is the gifts themselves. I donated a power stone, because I wasn't sure what kind of gifts would be acceptable, or what turning one in really meant (which is totally fine), but the first place i checked when i found this letter about it in the mail, was the crafting table, in the gift tab... I wasn't sure exactly if i needed something specific, but it wasn't really difficult to suspect that i just needed to bring "something" to the mayor, so I did.

The rewards however are uh... well, not that satisfying. Not to say i had such bad luck as most people have commented on. Actually, one of those boxes i snagged contained a classic fishing rod, which is ironic, because I was trying to get myself to try out fishing, but couldn't hassle myself with making a rod, due to trying to fill commisions (or it's just that I was tripping over my own feathers and falling alseep in them... That could be possible too...). Another gift I managed to get was a tastey looking drink of some sort. The others i remember were simple things, like a rock i think was one.. One was fibers..

Anyway, long story short, I think this festivel could be much more interesting if the gifts were actually not materials, or components. The things like tools and such might be nice to keep in there as a rarity, but I was really looking forward to finding vanity items. Yes, vanity, even though I already knew these likely did not exist in Portia, either "yet", or ever.

I think it would be really neat if these gifts contained items such trinkets, clothing, or perhaps decorations to decorate your home with, rather than materials that you can pick up anywhere else. Just something special that you aren't going to completely forget you even picked it up. It would bring some uniqueness to the event, providing items that would not be so easily obtained, and would promote the necessity to take part, rather than walking away with a shirt saying "I spent 120 stamina on this event, and all i got was a twig".

I suspect maybe something along these lines might actually be planned, but I thought I would post this as a suggestion just incase...

I have not yet participated in other events yet.. still picking feathers out of my hair..

AlenaSys

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Day of the Sun Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

One remark about disadvantaged NPSs
On my Festival they were like cruel scripted demons, they got almost all my presents with the speed of light :'(
And then they told "Oh, didn't get a single one( 9 ( ( (((("

Suggestion about special items in presents sounds interesting

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 07:02:13 AM »

Actually...  In hein sight, your jest made me think. 
Wouldn't it be funny if there was a moderate chance ((One in three)) To get random Vanity outfit piece, including a shirt that says "I had a present land on me and all I got was this shirt."

I personally sit in the camp that Festivals shouldn't be used to massively progress you through tiers of content, but instead be bonus prizes that are unique to the festivals.  For example, Harvest Moon does this very well with some festivals awarding items that can only be gotten at the festival, and giving a unique benefit to the farm, and others you can grind a LOT of effort into ((darn horse/dog races)) For something PURELY cosmetic, but we feel nothing but extreme pride for getting that darn new looking horse stable.

I do agree prizes like Twigs, and string are dumb.   
I think that Cosmetic items, consumables, and other stuff ((Like a discount coupon for an upgrade to cost 20-30% less gold)) would be more suitable prizes.

What are your all thoughts on what prizes should probably be?
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:35 AM »

That's the direction we're going in, we just have too many assets planned, so they'll be added slowly.

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:41:41 PM »

Actually...  In hein sight, your jest made me think. 
Wouldn't it be funny if there was a moderate chance ((One in three)) To get random Vanity outfit piece, including a shirt that says "I had a present land on me and all I got was this shirt."

I approve... This must be done .-.

That's the direction we're going in, we just have too many assets planned, so they'll be added slowly.

I figured it was a distinct possibly, so very glad to hear that :)