Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: [Spoilers] Quest and npc bugs [marked]  (Read 746 times)

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
[Spoilers] Quest and npc bugs [marked]
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »

I. Little bug. Alfonso didn't give me the quest Brother and Sister, although I told him about Gerdy and talked about him with Gerdy. Only after I arrived in Martian colony for a meeting with the Governor, he had this option. And his words “Let me mark the location of our settlement on your map" was nonsense, because I was already in a Martian colony.

II. Big bug. During our first meeting with Dr. Aslanov in his conversation was the option "Did you find anything else from Coi?" which made available the appropriate quests. However, I never find any information about Coi before this moment. By this time I was here:
1. The Martians moved from camp to their colony.
2. I explored the desert city with Rol and talked to Ava and Peter, have received information from the Michelson.
3. I built a colony and moved there all colonists from Earth camp and Allen camp.
4. I talked to the Governor Skyrunner, and she suggested the idea of transport. After that I moved Gerdy to Martian colony (see above).
5. I talked with Ataro, and he sent me to look for Michael Wiles.
6. Arriving at Wiles Camp, I got "Follow Viola" quest and immediately went in.
7. Arriving at Viola Camp, I saw Dr. Aslanov. And he already had the dialogue option about Coi.

I still don't have plague in the colony, and I even don't have started the construction of the monorail. (I know about the plague, because I doing a translation in parallel with the passing game, and slightly "getting ahead". But, as I understand, Coi in this point of quests - it's not slightly, but very much ahead.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:25:47 PM by veryeager »

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Quest and npc bugs[marked]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »

New bugs.

I. Feroz Safar remained in Viola Camp after trasferring all of its inhabitants to Player Colony (there is free places in Dwelling Beds). So, only 6 (not 7) colonists moved to Player Colony. And Feroz don't have any dialogue option unless "That's all" (probably must be "And you are?" - "I'm Feroz, I just woke up a week ago, so you probably haven't seen me on the ship..." - from i18n.db), neither at the first meeting, nor later.

II. After that I remembered that one of random NPC disappeared before I build the colony. It is one of two Martian survivors from "Climb up the cliff" quest. So, now I have 8 random NPS in colony:
1. Two NPS from Allen camp.
2. One NPS from Adisa camp (with Pyrophobia quest).
3. Three NPC from Earth camp (with "The Adventurer" quest, with quest about "Bring this person to the grassland biome" and "follower of Ataro" NPS).
4. Only one of two "cliff survivors".
5. One from Viola camp.

I looked old saves and noted that this NPS disappeared after dialogue:

"Alfonzo and Governor Skyrunner setup a Martian base to the East of here, do you want to go there?"
"I don't see the point, we're all humans, why are we falling apart even now..."

And when I next time came to Earth camp, he disappeared. He is also not in the Martian camp, nor in the Martian colony.

III. Now, after problem with Feroz, I mistakenly arrived in the abandoned Martian camp instead of the Martian colony and find here a random Martian NPS, who had already moved to the Маrtian colony (and the camp was empty). Very strange.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:59:13 AM by veryeager »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Quest and npc bugs [marked]
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:52:01 AM »

Alfonso's dialogue is desigened like this, not a bug.
Dr. Aslanov's Coi is a town's name. This sentence is like a "Hello", so you can ignore it.
In terms of the missing NPC issue, please share your save/server with Dropbox for testing.
Save: Documents/PlanetExplorers/GameSave
Server: ~\Planet Explorers\Server\ServerData\CommonGames(or CustomGames)\(Server Name)

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »

Okay, I'll give the GameSave when I have the opportunity.

Perhaps I poorly described the situation with Dr. Aslanov. The dialog mentioned above opens next conversations:

(Player) Did you find anything else from Coi?
(Dr. Aslanov) Yes, actually. Three topics of concern. But I’m afraid we will only be able to explore one of the options.
(Player) Which three?
(Dr. Aslanov) I’ve found out more information about the wind belt, the Pujan station on the icy moon, and about another pocket of virus survivors south of the Galileo Continent.
(Player) Tell me about the wind belt.
(Dr. Aslanov) Coi told me the wind belt isn’t natural, it formed when he was a boy. It greatly disrupted global travel. The Puja government sent several investigations into the waters around the equator, but none returned. The Paja claimed to have done the same. So that’s when they started blaming each other. Coi said the two sides had a decent relationship before this all happened.
(Player) Does Coi think the GRV aliens are responsible?
(Dr. Aslanov) Coi calls them the Dien, he said parts of his government started believing in their involvement after the virus started spreading, but it was too late. He’s more or less resigned to the fate of his species and is just sitting there waiting to die. Sad story.
(Player) Tell me about the Pujan station.
(Dr. Aslanov) They Pujan and Pajan had a joint research station on the far side of the icy moon. This was their pride and joy when it came to science achievements. There were about 20 people on that station, it was supported by a Pajan launch center on the west side of the continent, plus another launch center in the northern continent. When the virus hit, they told them to hold out and see what happens. When the bombs started flying, they lost all communications.
(Player) Are they still there? Alive?
(Dr. Aslanov) Coi isn’t sure, he’s been trying to make contact for decades, but since they need a relay from a Pajan satellite, he’s not had any success.
(Player) Tell me about the virus survivors to the south.
(Dr. Aslanov) Coi had some success in contacting some survivors living on the southern island off of the Galileo Continent. There were about fifteen scientists living there. He lost contact about two years ago though, and he’s wondering if we can go take a look for him. Look, I know we don’t have an obligation to this guy, but after hearing his tales, I cannot help but want to find some closure for him. Will you help me?
(Player) Not right now.
(Player) Sure, let’s go.
(Dr. Aslanov) I’ve marked the location given to me on your map, let’s go! [Quest starting]

In other words, in this dialogue assumes that the player already knows about Coi, Puja, Paja and GRV aliens. In reality, however, by this point the player knows NOTHING about them. Nor Coi, nor Puja, nor Paja, nor GRV and nor virus. There was no epidemic yet, Rol and Ava has not yet deciphered the alien language, even the monorail has not been built yet - nothing has happened yet, but Dr. Aslanov already talks about all of this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:51:05 PM by veryeager »

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 04:33:47 PM »

OK, I put my zipped save here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6pmpL0OKH1BWjBGcTFQdkVub1k

Note: one of the problems - with Feroz - was resolved after replay. Now Feroz lives in player colony.

But problems left:
1. "too early" dialogue of Dr. Aslanov (detailed see above),
2. lost NPC - "cliff survivor",
3. lone random NPC in the Martian camp.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »

This save is at the starting point. You must have attached the wrong save. Please attach the right one for testing.

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »

I checked this save folder on my link. It is all right. I want to note that if it were "at the starting point," the folder could not be 24 MB. I especially made a test save at the starting point, it takes only 1.2 MB. You did something wrong. Please try to load this save in the client. I attach a screenshot of the open menu with this save. You can see Dr. Aslanov and part of the colony with my ships on the save thumb.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »

Tested the save, but only one issue, the random colonist in the Martian Camp, is found. We'd keep an eye on other issues.

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 05:19:53 PM »

Well, let me be more specific to other problems.

1. Lost random NPC.

I have studied the old saves and found a little mistake in my bug report: the missing random NPC was not a Martian "cliff survivor", but one of the inhabitants of the Adisa camp, with "pyrophobia" quest . After that I went to Adisa camp and found him there! You can also check my save and find him there. Thus, he don't moved to the Earth camp together with others, but remained alone in the Adisa camp.

That is not a problem by itself - I invited him to the colony, and he moved there. But I see a bad trend here: three NPC didn't move with others, when there was mass relocations of inhabitants of the various camps to another locations, but left alone. They are:

1. Random NPC in Adisa camp (inhabitants moved to Earth camp and then to Player colony);
2. Random NPC in Martian camp (inhabitants moved to Martian colony);
3. Feroz Safar in Viola camp (inhabitants moved to Player colony and Martian colony). However, in this case the bug has withdrawn after re-playing from some earlier time point.

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Quest and npc bugs (spoilers!) [marked]
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 05:22:38 PM »

2. Anachronism in Dr. Aslanov dialogue.

I attach the screenshots of the Dr. Aslanov dialogue conversation that do not correspond to the current point of the main storyline (in my save). Let me once again describe the problem.

You answered me: "Dr. Aslanov's Coi is a town's name. This sentence is like a "Hello", so you can ignore it".

It looks VERY strange, because, in exact accordance with i18n.db, Coi is the name of an alien virologist, with whom the protagonist has yet to meet in the future, when he will look for the source of the epidemic that will occurs in the colony. By this time, as I understand, the language of the aborigines will be deciphered, thanks to which contact will be possible. Here is quotations from the dialogue of the first meeting of the protagonist, Dr. Aslanov and Coi:

[Dr. Aslanov] I'm sorry, we're explorers from a far away star, around 12 light years away. I'm David, and this is "name%".

[Coi] Ohoh, the Vloioa System? We always figured that there might be life there. Glad to meet you David and "name%". I am Coi, a former virologist. There used to be 20 of us, working on getting the virus under control…

After that, Dr. Aslanov decides to stay with Coi:

[Dr. Aslanov] I'm going to stay here for a while with our dear old Coi and try to get him to tell me all the history of the Pujan that he's aware of. This will be the first documentation on another sentient species ever! And I'm going to write it!

Thus, a conversation, on which I'm unsuccessfully trying to draw your attention, should appear in Dr. Aslanov dialogue was only after these events. It is obvious that Dr. Aslanov needs some time to communicate with Coi, and only after that it would be logical for protagonist to ask him a question: "Did you find anything else from Coi?"

Meanwhile, this conversation was present in Dr. Aslanov dialogue as soon as I found him. Please check this.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:31:00 PM by veryeager »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] Quest and npc bugs [marked]
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 03:33:14 AM »

Could you give us a save before you met with Dr. Aslanov so that we can have a full test?

veryeager

• Enlistee
    • View Profile