Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A simulation RPG  (Read 3793 times)

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
A simulation RPG
« on: May 12, 2017, 06:06:13 AM »

This one took us a while to get into groove. We started development nearly 2 years ago with a very small team. It ramped up as Planet Explorers neared the end of development. I joined this project full time about half a year ago. Idealistically, this game should've been done by now, but PE was taking up so many programmers that we only had a few designers and a small art team most of the time. Since we worked on a pretty big project before, it'd be easy to assume we know exactly what we're doing...NOT AT ALL. This team before most of the PE team moved over was pretty much all new. This project went from a casual RPG to a story RPG to a flying RPG to an ARPG back to a casual simulation RPG. But I think we finally got the hang of it, the lastest versions have been pretty fun to play.

So, where do we stand with it now? It's a simulation RPG. When I first pitched the idea, we wanted to make something like Animal Crossing mixed with Dark Cloud 2 mixed with Steambot Chronicles, since the release of Stardew Valley, probably add that in as well. We want to incorporate a lot of what made these games fun but also keep our own identity.

The world is set in a post-apocalypse setting, or something like 1000 years after the event. Humans are few and relics from the past are everywhere. The player is trying to start a new life in a town on the edge of civilization called Portia. He/she will start a workshop and build things with relics from the past. We want to really enrich the world with other NPCs that have their unique behaviors. We also kept some voxel digging gameplay leftover from Planet Explorers for the dungeons.

The website isn't done yet (technically, it hasn't even been started, we've been crunching a lot to get this project up to speed since our studio really need it to succeed survive). But yeah, here we go, new game!  :)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: A simulation RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 06:15:36 AM »

Oooo.   I really like the art style.  It has a very stylistic design to it.  I look forward to seeing what the team does with this game.   
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

mknelson

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »

The world is set in a post-apocalypse setting, or something like 1000 years after the event. Humans are few and relics from the past are everywhere. The player is trying to start a new life in a town on the edge of civilization called Portia. He/she will start a workshop and build things with relics from the past. We want to really enrich the world with other NPCs that have their unique behaviors. We also kept some voxel digging gameplay leftover from Planet Explorers for the dungeons.

Did anybody else think "Where's Finn and Jake?"  ;D

I like the art style! Looking forward to this!

Arctic_Howler

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »

The image suddenly makes me wonder where Pathea originates... not in a bad way, just the characters(language) made me wonder...

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »

We're located in Chongqing, China. I thought everyone knew by now. :)

In other news, we'll probably be releasing an alpha build at the end of this month.

The schedule is something like this:

June 03 - Alpha 0.1
June 24 - Alpha 0.2

We'll probably do EA, then final release around May, 2018. For Steam, PS4, and hopefully Switch (gotta really optimize to make it run well on here).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:50:11 AM by Zifei »

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 05:52:31 AM »

We're located in Chongqing, China. I thought everyone knew by now. :)

In other news, we'll probably be releasing an alpha build at the end of this month.

The schedule is something like this:

June 03 - Alpha 0.1
June 24 - Alpha 0.2

We'll probably do EA, then final release around May, 2018. For Steam, PS4, and hopefully Switch (gotta really optimize to make it run well on here).

Okay, I can promise if this stuff ends up on the Switch, I'm getting a switch copy.

brokenlogin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »

Looks like fun.  MTaP does look like it borrow a lot of mechanics from PE (which I think is great).  Is this going to be MP or SP?  Linux support, please?

thanks!

SilverDragon

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 01:40:09 AM »

Consider me intrigued. :P Can't wait to see more.

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »

It's single player for now. We're also only focusing on the PC version to get everything working. We'll probably expand to other versions once we're closer to complete like we did with PE.

SteveAdamo

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »

Super excited to try out the demo. :)

But it seems the download location either can't handle the requests, or isn't optimized for any sort of traffic.

The file is only a little over 800MB, and with my connection speed of over 250Mbps, this should be downloaded in a matter of minutes.

Unfortunately, the download attempts are sitting at over 24 hours and fail completely after a few minutes. :(

Anyone else having any luck downloading the file?

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »

SteveAdamo

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »

CulturedSolitaire

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »

So, will this eventually have multiplayer?

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »

Not planned right now, the structure of a multiplayer game would make us complete redo the current economy system.  :-\

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »

I personally believe that this style of game is better suited for single player.  I hope to see how far this game can come as that, and worry about anything like multiplayer for a different type of game.
Pages: [1] 2