Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Any plan to increase rare item spawns/drop rates for vital components?  (Read 259 times)

inbntly

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

Love the game so far, just about finished with month two. However What are the chances some drop rates being increased as far a few of the rarer, yet vital drops from the mines?

In my experience It took me nearly 2 weeks in the mines to find a small engine the first time, and even then I've only found 4 more total, and 2 of those were from drops. Same goes for copper wire, it took an enormous amount of time to farm enough copper wire to make the coils I needed for the boombox. Actually I believe I found more copper wire drops going into the hazardous ruins and fighting the poisonous guys. To me this just seems a little backwards, as if you aren't decently geared you're going to have a tough time in there.

What's worse is that it seems like for other items I won't use until much further into the game drop constantly. Are these spawns entirely randomized each time you enter the mine. I ask because there were days when it seemed like even if I found 20+ nodes not one of them was what I was after.

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Any plan to increase rare item spawns/drop rates for vital components?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »

We're still tweaking the balance. Small engines get dropped a lot by bosses in the hazardous dungeons now. Other rare drops will also be tweaked as we go along.  :)

Iron Newt

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:23:03 AM »

I think there's something wrong with the randomisation in the item distribution within the Abandoned Ruins. I spent ages looking for small engines then in one mining session found 11 of them all in the same area in the Abandoned Ruins #2. This is repeated for various other items in both #1 & #2, once you find the cluster you're sorted.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »

I think there's something wrong with the randomisation in the item distribution within the Abandoned Ruins. I spent ages looking for small engines then in one mining session found 11 of them all in the same area in the Abandoned Ruins #2. This is repeated for various other items in both #1 & #2, once you find the cluster you're sorted.
Hi, it seems the item distribution is totally random, so the situation you've met is possible. Do you get along with this issue now?

Iron Newt

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »

I've started 3 different games now and all are showing a cluster type distribution of items.