Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Multiplayer Colony Implosion[marked]  (Read 172 times)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Multiplayer Colony Implosion[marked]
« on: May 05, 2017, 08:15:10 PM »

Many have experienced this bug.  I have tried hard to not replicate it, as it destroys your entire colony.  It has happened to me twice in Multiplayer Survival, once on the Official Adv02 server, and once on a private server.  I also accidentally did it to someone else before I knew there was a bug.  It is game breaking, especially if it happens in a PvP server.

Basically the bug is this:  If you have colonists with quest markers (!) over their heads, then other players can still interact with them, activate them as followers (steal them from your colony) or activate quests that they may have.  If the quest involves combat, the ensuing melee will generate enough stray fire for someone to get hit, and then it is colonist against colony.  The colony registers that it is being attacked by its own colonists and opens fire, the colonists respond by destroying everything in the colony.  I don't think it is necessary to actually have turrets for this to happen, but in both cases my colony had turrets.  This may or may not be part of the bug, but you do not want to have a bug that prevents any kind of defense in your colony.

I recommend that when a colonist agrees to join your colony, all quests for that colonist are disabled, until it is released again.  You do not need a quest marker to make a colonist a follower, just assign them to be a follower.  If you want to do their quest, do it before asking them to join.

I have done a work-around, and advised everyone I know to only hire colonists who do not have quest markers.  This may or may not be a successful work-around.  You can still hire quest colonists to train off their skills and release them, but your colony is in jeopardy until they are released from the colony.  That is my guess anyway.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:11:36 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Colony Implosion[marked]
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 06:20:10 AM »

We'll check this one and see how to improve.