Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Save game comment  (Read 241 times)

Iron Newt

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Save game comment
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »

Probably too much work but it would be nice to tag a save game with a comment eg. "completed chair contest"

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Save game comment
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:18:09 AM »

You can see from the pic of the save location when you select a save. Then you can know where the save is.

Iron Newt

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »

I've ended up with 3 saved games with nearly identical thumbnails but two had about 2 hours of playing time from the earliest one. A short comment would have been very useful explaining where I'd got to & why I'd gone back and re-done that section go game play.

ChunkHunter

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »

I've got to admit I'm with the OP on this issue - a comment would be *very* helpful,
If you are saving when you're in your colony base then the thumbnails will all be very similat - unless you're wearing obviously different gear.

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »

If you actually intend to keep save points, you can rename them in your save folder to something more descriptive.  It has been a while but it seems to me that I did this with a couple saves a few years ago.  Mainly kept as save points in case of beta bugs cropping up and need to go back to an earlier point.

I'm sure this wouldn't be possible in multiplayer, but should still be fine in single player saves.  A "Rename" option in the save file GUI would be a nice addition, and should not be too difficult to do.  Adding a comment to the file that shows up in the GUI would be harder, but yeah that would be nice also.