Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Prospecting new player here[marked]  (Read 663 times)

RacerXx

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Prospecting new player here[marked]
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »

So first hello all first time here first time post. I was wondering looking at the reviews for this game is mixed. Is this game worth buying? Is it actively being developed? Is there modding support? How many people on dev team? What game engine is being used? Is dev team looking for help? Do they care about thier players or is it a money pit only?

-Racer
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:37:09 AM by Dorist1 »

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Prospecting new player here[marked]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »

PE is still being worked on, yes. It's had some bumpy roads along the way, and ultimately the dev team did their best towards an ambition project that required more experience than the team was capable of taking on.

Reports are read and listened to, and bugs are worked on. It is still rough around the edges, but the developers do indeed care about the players along with the game, and making their best efforts towards making PE a more playable game. It is just very difficult when a vast number of those reviews are disgruntled people who rather than explaining what the issues are, they would prefer to just simply state it's an awful game, without giving any insight as to why, and what they'd like to see different.

Based on the reviews, ofcourse, mileage my vary whether or not it is worth the buy. Some people love it, while some people don't. I am assuming you are talking about steam, based on reviews, so if that's the case, there is a demo on the storepage you can try to see if the gameplay is something you might be interested in.

RacerXx

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »

so i bought the game last night and I love it so far! What a great game to bad the bad reviews. I want to know if the dev team needs any help? I am pretty good at blender and Unity coming from kerbal space program. I got a yiynova tablet and 3d mouse waiting for a good project. :P and just learning coding. I want to offer my help free of charge and anything I contribute will become the property of Pathea. I am good with that. How can I help?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:23:09 PM by RacerXx »

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 05:04:44 AM »

so i bought the game last night and I love it so far! What a great game to bad the bad reviews. I want to know if the dev team needs any help? I am pretty good at blender and Unity coming from kerbal space program. I got a yiynova tablet and 3d mouse waiting for a good project. :P and just learning coding. I want to offer my help free of charge and anything I contribute will become the property of Pathea. I am good with that. How can I help?
Typically, most game development teams wont' take up offers.  This is because they have a way of doing things in office which trying to get a single person from over seas on the same page will make quite difficult.   Add in the fact that even if they used your assistance, if there are any things that they wanted done in person that is a bit harder to describe with words, they would have to re-edit all your assets in order to do it, which if some things aren't set up correctly, would result in them having to re-do it from scratch.

I know the Pathea team really does appreciate the gesture of good faith and I can not speak on their behalf as I am not a member of their team, but I can tell you that sadly your suggestion just is not a possibility as things are.  I am very pleased that you are liking the game.  Its always good to see new fans coming into the game.  If I may give a suggestion, perhaps you should help design some pleasing armors, weapons, and vehicles using the in game editors and using advanced tricks you can find from different people on these forums to create truly wonderful things for others in the community to enjoy.  I dare you to see if you can translate that knowledge and make me a dapper purple Tuxedo to wear for armor.
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

RacerXx

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 05:24:51 AM »

Typically, most game development teams wont' take up offers.  This is because they have a way of doing things in office which trying to get a single person from over seas on the same page will make quite difficult.   Add in the fact that even if they used your assistance, if there are any things that they wanted done in person that is a bit harder to describe with words, they would have to re-edit all your assets in order to do it, which if some things aren't set up correctly, would result in them having to re-do it from scratch.

I know the Pathea team really does appreciate the gesture of good faith and I can not speak on their behalf as I am not a member of their team, but I can tell you that sadly your suggestion just is not a possibility as things are.  I am very pleased that you are liking the game.  Its always good to see new fans coming into the game.  If I may give a suggestion, perhaps you should help design some pleasing armors, weapons, and vehicles using the in game editors and using advanced tricks you can find from different people on these forums to create truly wonderful things for others in the community to enjoy.  I dare you to see if you can translate that knowledge and make me a dapper purple Tuxedo to wear for armor.
Well thank you for the pleasant and honest reply. As soon as I get deeper into the game I will see what kind of Tuxedo's and other stuff I can come up with  ;)