Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Memory exceeded / CTD while saving game.[marked]  (Read 198 times)

prodajie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Memory exceeded / CTD while saving game.[marked]
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »

Hi All,

Thank you for this wonderful game. I've just experienced an issue for the 2nd time where a crash occurs while saving the game.
The 1st instance happened after about 12 hrs total playtime. After selecting a slot and hitting save, the game stopped responding. Attempting to Alt + Tab or ctrl, Alt + Del were ineffective.
My primary screen went black and would occasionally flicker and show cursor movement, but would quickly go black again. My only option was to hard power off the PC.
No crash dump was generated the 1st time. (note: the save was successful & I resumed playing from that save.) Entering the save menu and saving has become more laggy as I progress. It may be my imagination but I believe this behavior started after the 1st crash.

I'm now about 30 hrs into the game and just had a second occurrence.  This instance was almost identical, but before my primary screen went black I received a dialog window indicating memory was exceeded. It also notified me of the crash dump. This time I still had control of my 2nd screen and was able to restart the PC via windows.

Specs:
Windows 10 64
Core I7 950 @ 3.07 Ghz
Asus Rage formula III
8GB memory
GTX 770

Thanks again for the great game. To me this looks like a memory leak. Here's hoping my saves are not corrupted.

-Rob (prodajie)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:46:11 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Memory exceeded / CTD while saving game.[marked]
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »

Can this be reproduced by saving files?

prodajie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »

Yes indeed.

I've just had the third occurrence. Once again my only option was to manually power down the PC. I'm attaching the new crash dump. I also have the corresponding saves archived, but they exceed the attachment size limit. If they would be useful to you, just provide an email where I can send them.

Thanks,
 -Rob.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 03:43:23 AM »

Please send your save in issue to admin@pathea.net for further testing.
Save route: Documents/PlanetExplorers/GameSave