Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Greatswords useless?[marked]  (Read 451 times)

TrashMan

• Settler
    • View Profile
Greatswords useless?[marked]
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

I have tried making several greatsword designs (using greatsword hilts) and have tried various materials. The damage calculations are off.

This things damage output is worse than any one-handed sword - regardless of material used. I tried steel, gold, silver, diamond, aluminium. I tried combos (silver with diamond edge, etc..)

Custom swords seem like utter crap, when you can buy a 300+ damage one-handed sword...and struggle to make a greatsword that can do more than 150.

Utter garbage
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:22:57 AM by Dorist1 »

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Greatswords useless?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:35:33 PM »

Do you find the other greatswords in the game OK???? their damage is the highest in the game, but I find their animation loops to be way too long, coupled with the fact you can trigger a second animation before finishing the first , you get stuck in 4 to 5 second long animation loops while the enemy has moved along, leaving you swinging a sword no where near where the target is......

2 things kill DPS , not having enough damage and not being able to hit with anything, I find they all suffer from one or the other

if the ISO greatswords have a fixed faster swing(haven't built one yet) than the damage needs to be "alittle" lower than the in game one to keep the DPS close, but it sounds like its way off

if the design affects the swing speed the damage model get way more complex as it has to balance out DPS , putting the burden on the player in designing a good sword , but if you can't even get close, than the player will stop trying, which leaves a few questions, Why bother with greatsword ISOs? and If nobody is using them why waste time developing the system?

TrashMan

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »

I tried several designs, couldn't get above 150 without making giant slabs that take up most of the build volume.

Not, the swords I make are max length/height, but thin (as swords should be)

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:21:24 AM »

@TrashMan, could you share your ISO for testing?

TrashMan

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Greatswords useless?[marked]
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »

Yeeesh...I think I deleted them when I gave up on using them.
Will have to check tomorrow

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Greatswords useless?[marked]
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »

Confirmed! We'd see how to tweak this.