Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: FIX Freak show generic NPC's and allow NPC re-generation  (Read 395 times)

TrashMan

• Settler
    • View Profile
FIX Freak show generic NPC's and allow NPC re-generation
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »

The code you use to generate random NPC's needs work. Min and max sliders and mixed without any rhyme or reason.
I end up getting people looking like they ran away from a circus freaksow, or like they have cancer.

I have seen things like this serious hurt games before. People don't want their perfect little colony populated by freaks. It kills the desire to play. And starting from scratch to get a some new faces (which will likely suffer from the same problems) is a big no.

So my suggestion is to simply add a button for recruited NPC's to re-roll their generation, so it will randomize their apperance.

Seriously, fix this.
It's extreemely annoying

brokenlogin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: FIX Freak show generic NPC's and allow NPC re-generation
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »

The code you use to generate random NPC's needs work. Min and max sliders and mixed without any rhyme or reason.
I end up getting people looking like they ran away from a circus freaksow, or like they have cancer.
It would be nice, should the developers consider such a change, if this was *optional* as not everyone wants homogeneous master-race colonies.