Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Colony lighting?  (Read 767 times)

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Colony lighting?
« on: January 25, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »

Is there anything we can use to light up our colonies?  I have a nice base with these high-tech modules and buildings, but I use campfires to light it up.  Can we have streetlights and spotlights?  Can something like this with a light source be built in the creator?

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Colony lighting?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:43:26 AM »

Oh nevermind.  After 14 hours of playing, I finally got a light panel, and a script to make little lights that I can stick on buildings.  SO much better now  8)

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

Lao sells cream colored light boxes , Ataro sell the fluorescent lights like at every other camp , and Anjum  sells several different lights........... i

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

I should have specified I've only been playing adventure mode so far.  I never did much of the story mode.

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

in adventure mode it's just a roll of the dice, you have to check every shop to not miss them and you could just get unlucky.............. You may decide to explore the east of the map only to find out the NPC  with the light are on the opposite side of the map........ :-\

mknelson

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 04:02:06 AM »

Yes, but if your colony has the trading post you'll find goods from all the vendors you've visited* in there.

* or is it all the vendors in all the towns you've visited?

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:16:03 AM »

I gave up on adventure mode and I've got 35 hours of playing story mode now.  I was able to get a few lighting options in story mode pretty early on so I'm happy now.  I'll probably go back to adventure mode when I finish the story mode.  However, I think lights should come much earlier on in adventure mode no matter what path you take.

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 05:20:09 AM »

I like adventure mode better, especially with skill tree.  You can pick up recipes from dungeons also, and eventually you will get lighting recipes, if you don't find them in the towns that you run across.  Story mode is great, but it does come to an abrupt end.  Next chapter please!!

FYI, different recipes will tend to show up in specific dungeon levels.  Someone should do a resource to show which types of gear are found at which levels.  You can roughly guess, obviously top level gear would be in level 10 dungeons, but sometimes you still need a recipe that would show up at a lower level... like lighting and specific vehicle parts.

DullSpoon

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »

I too started with the skill tree option, and I like it although it made the game very slow going for awhile there. I seem to have gotten a bad roll, because all the nearby towns seem to only have wood, stone, or copper gear. It looks like some of the faction towns out there may have advanced gear (they are wearing some nice stuff) but I'm going to have to do alot of mining to build up my faction score with them. Once I'm a friendly I hope I get access to their store or else I'm going to really be ticked off. Because currently it looks like that's the only thing that you might get out of becoming friendly with a faction, right?

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »

I too started with the skill tree option, and I like it although it made the game very slow going for awhile there. I seem to have gotten a bad roll, because all the nearby towns seem to only have wood, stone, or copper gear. It looks like some of the faction towns out there may have advanced gear (they are wearing some nice stuff) but I'm going to have to do alot of mining to build up my faction score with them. Once I'm a friendly I hope I get access to their store or else I'm going to really be ticked off. Because currently it looks like that's the only thing that you might get out of becoming friendly with a faction, right?

EDIT:  I apologize for my previous response, which had some errors.  I was basing on the "official" servers that I had been on.  Apparently there are game modes where you literally start with nothing, which is fine if you are expecting it... working for it is fun too.  I agree that some of the basic lighting scripts should be available in towns (lvl 2 or 3), if they haven't been added already.  Most furniture can be purchased at level 2, but scripts you still have to discover in hard core mode for most important items.  I was surprised that the wooden bow was only available for purchase in a level 3 town, instead of level 1 or 2.  Other than that the flow of items in shops was pretty good.  By the time I found a wooden bow (for purchase), I was already using a steel bow.  LoL.  Also, the scripts are not updated automatically in all servers... only on the "official" servers.  This may be a bug, but most of the time I did not have to purchase scripts that were available: they were added to the replicator as soon as I visited the shop that sold them.  On the player servers you have to find or buy and learn everything.

For "Official" servers -- the ones that I have played on:
Most of these "basic items" are (now) included in Adventure mode at startup.  Advanced gear is available from towns farther away from the start point (which is usually close to one of the corners) so expect the best gear to be found in towns near the opposite corner.  Many scripts are updated (added) automatically when you visit the shops, so check your list again before buying scripts from the shops.  The highest level scripts can only be found in high level dungeons, but the gear can be purchased in shops if you don't have the scripts.  Also, nearly all necessary resources except Titanium and Lithium can be processed (acquired) in your Colony Processor, so minimal mining is necessary once you build your Colony, and those resources are inexhaustible as far as I can tell.  I only mine the Titanium and Lithium after I have maxed out mining skill and equipment (energy tools and max resources) so that nothing is wasted... but that's just me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:55:02 AM by Omidawn »