Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Colony lighting?  (Read 236 times)

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Colony lighting?
« on: January 25, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »

Is there anything we can use to light up our colonies?  I have a nice base with these high-tech modules and buildings, but I use campfires to light it up.  Can we have streetlights and spotlights?  Can something like this with a light source be built in the creator?

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Colony lighting?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:43:26 AM »

Oh nevermind.  After 14 hours of playing, I finally got a light panel, and a script to make little lights that I can stick on buildings.  SO much better now  8)

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

Lao sells cream colored light boxes , Ataro sell the fluorescent lights like at every other camp , and Anjum  sells several different lights........... i

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

I should have specified I've only been playing adventure mode so far.  I never did much of the story mode.

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

in adventure mode it's just a roll of the dice, you have to check every shop to not miss them and you could just get unlucky.............. You may decide to explore the east of the map only to find out the NPC  with the light are on the opposite side of the map........ :-\

mknelson

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 04:02:06 AM »

Yes, but if your colony has the trading post you'll find goods from all the vendors you've visited* in there.

* or is it all the vendors in all the towns you've visited?

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:16:03 AM »

I gave up on adventure mode and I've got 35 hours of playing story mode now.  I was able to get a few lighting options in story mode pretty early on so I'm happy now.  I'll probably go back to adventure mode when I finish the story mode.  However, I think lights should come much earlier on in adventure mode no matter what path you take.