Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Water has to go downhill?[marked]  (Read 459 times)

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Water has to go downhill?[marked]
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »

So my colony isn't that far from water.  The space in between my dome created by the assembly hub and the water could probably fit 1.5 domes.  So with the drill, I decided to dig myself a canal to bring the water closer to my colony and make farming a little easier.  The problem is that once you dig a little ways from the lake, the water just kinda stops flowing even though it's a flat canal.  So the further away I was from the lake, the deeper I had to dig so that the water would keep running towards my colony.

It worked, but the canal is very very deep and the water is far down a ravine now.  It doesn't make sense because the water level near my colony is much much lower than the water level of the lake.  I ended up making a long inclined tunnel to get back to the surface after collecting water.  It's still quicker than walking all the way to the lake, but not very much quicker because of how far down it is.

Is this something that just wasn't planned?  Is there a reason why you have to keep digging deeper the further you are from a lake?  Would this be changed?

Thanks!
P.S. love this game and having fun building and exploring!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:29:49 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Water has to go downhill?[marked]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:59:09 AM »

Acctually, you can assign workers to the incubator and the processing facility and they'll collect water for you.

fjgj

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Water has to go downhill?[marked]
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »

Yes but is to slow and I would also like more things with water or more liquides.