Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: first person camera is at my shoulders not my eyes[marked]  (Read 122 times)

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
first person camera is at my shoulders not my eyes[marked]
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

Stand in front of a wall with a distinct texture and edge, like adventure mode log cabin wall and door.    Make sure the door is straight on screen so you are not looking up or down. Zoom in with F5 to change to first person view.  The avatars eye height is not at screen center where the cursor is, it is at the top of the screen.   Feels like I am playing a dwarf when talking to NPC.   

Raise the camera up so screen center matches eye height!

Steam release 1.06
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:34:11 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: first person camera is at my shoulders not my eyes[marked]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:38:50 AM »

Yeah, that's because if we made the camera at the eye level in Fist Persom mode, the camera would bounce with animations violently.

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: first person camera is at my shoulders not my eyes[marked]
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:55:08 PM »

I did not say attach the camera to the eyes as indeed that would be annoying.   Instead just put it at eye level with a simple vertical offset to where it is now.  The camera is stable enough at my chest level even though in third person views I am doing overexaggerated animations, so the camera is already not attached to the actual body bobbing around.   There is no avatar in first person mode so you do not need to worry about the face clipping the camera.     

First person view is nothing but animated weapons/tools, there is no body, same way that Skyrim does it putting the camera at eye height.   I do not use first person view mods that attach cameras to the eyes of third person avatar, because indeed it is a head bobbing mess.  That is not what I am asking for, at eye level is not the same as being attached to the eye.   Instead it is simply a vertical  offset from the ground where the avatars eyes are in default T-pose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:12:14 PM by yarnevk »