Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Official multiplayer server join possible bug - cannot join anymore[marked]  (Read 145 times)

conrad_escape

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

Hi, i joined the official server Survive_ad2_  .
After playing for quite some time, i had tons of dirt. I went to the upper left corner and tried to build what i called a stairway to heaven.
I created a tile for a spiral stair and put it one on top of each other until i got bored and left the server.
I didn't get any message saying you reached the height limit or anything.

Next time i tried to join the server, the loading screen hung at 100%... Waited for 10 minutes (clock used), nothing.
Next day i joined again, i actually got in, but had no items in my inventory, just what my character was wearing.
The structure i built was not there so i fell to my death.
I joined again and found myself in some village and my inventory was there, minus a few items ...
I walked back to my stairway, i found it ! And my lost items were there! I started climbing it but at some point i got a weird feeling and i left the game (lobby).
Immediately i tried to rejoin and now i get the same 100% stucking thing i had yesterday.

Was i wrong to build something very very very tall ? :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:10:14 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile

It sounds like a save issue. You can try cleaning up the Voxelcache in Options to see if it helps. Besides, you can log in the server with a new charactor to see if it's a character related issue.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:32:34 AM by Dorist1 »

fofaiter

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

Hi, I have just bought planet explorers on Mac OS. When I try to connect to any type of server in the game or when I try to host an online server without LAN, a message appears. The message says: "Connect server failed. Retry?". I'm not the only one that has experienced this issue. Two of my friends have also seen it, both using Mac OS.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile

@fofaiter, this is a known issue with Mac. We're investigating and will fix it asap.