Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Birney... broken NPC[marked]  (Read 361 times)

Nicolas Faust

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Birney... broken NPC[marked]
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:12:40 AM »

He just follows me. I cannot select him to talk to him. There is no quest relating to him in my quest log either. So I have no idea how to finish his quest or make him go away. Also he is not one of my followers. I have two of them, he is a third wheel just following me around. How do I get rid of him/finish is quest? Since he is following me I cannot do Hitomi's quest to have her follow me to base.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:22:52 AM by Dorist1 »

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Birney... broken NPC
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:16:32 AM »

where did you first pick him up? what quest did he give?

they sounds like one of the random generated NPCs, the only one of them I know about that follows you is the one at Carter's camp on the quest where they want you to guard them while pick plants, but really it is just a go to the point on the map quest......

if there is no quest points on the map or no hidden quest , they have to be bugged, the devs would need the save to fix

Nicolas Faust

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:03:01 AM »

Ah, well that explains why I could not google his name. If I recall he is from the Earth Camp. I think he had something about adventuring... He wanted a sword, then shield, and then to go to a place.  I thought I walked him to his place in that the place on the map vanished along with his quest in the side bar/list. Is their a back log of completed quests I can look at? Maybe if I find it and do it again then he will go away. Though for the moment he is just following me, and does all the same things a follower does, but i can't see his items or access his dialog box. Thankfully it is in story mode so I am sure when I finish it eventually then the next run will be Birney less.

ChunkHunter

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:11:25 PM »

Is this the NPC who wants to go to the grasslands?  If so, that should finish just after you go over the bridge near the firebear nest.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Birney... broken NPC[marked]
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »

@ChunkHunter, could you please share your save to admin@pathea.net for testing?

ChunkHunter

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »

It's not me who has the problem - I was simply 'replying to the OP

Nicolas Faust

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

Sure, how might I go about sharing said save? I am using Windows 7 with Steam to play the game. I assume there is a common file that holds saves both manual and auto? I am new to Planet Explorers so I don't know much about how the back end works saves wise. I just barely figured out how ISOs work and how to use the item maker ... So I would be happy to share my save if I knew how to do that.

@ChunkHunter - I will have to try that. For the most part he just seems like a free bodyguard. Since he is more NPC than Follower he auto heals and does not need to use revives. So he has sort of been a free follower. Though I don't know how I broke him to start with. I wish I had noticed sooner, it might have been more helpful for the devs if it was a bit more fresh rather than having used the file for a while.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:28:49 AM by Nicolas Faust »