Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Well, at least you released it...[marked]  (Read 183 times)

morse

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Well, at least you released it...[marked]
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »

The last time I launched the game it was 0.85ish, so I was just messing around, without any "serious" approach to the gameplay.

Now I started my first "official" playthrough, and now I'll pay attention to what I see and hear. And... Well, the very first thing I see and hear in game is Gerdy. She looks like she's in her early twenties, if not a teen, but she sounds like a woman in late 40s. It's not a big deal, but it shows how painful it is to pay attention to the details in this game. Plot shows clear marking of scissors in lots of places: some events are given in the wrong order, some are clearly missing. Some look like leftovers of abandoned plotlines, like the quests from David Aslanov, that are clearly missing a ton of background, or at the very least are given waaaay before their time.

In the end, it's everywhere - small details and inconsistencies that are constantly showing that you were too ambitious for this project. Well, you were the first to try the voxel-based RPG, so I guess nobody expected it to be perfect. I'm only sorry for Gerdy. Couldn't you find someone younger for her?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:55:07 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Well, at least you released it...[marked]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:56:56 AM »

Gerdy is in her 40th. Maybe the character looks younger than her age.

morse

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: Well, at least you released it...[marked]
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:48:32 AM »

Gerdy is in her 40th. Maybe the character looks younger than her age.
You just shattered my world :) Well, I guess you can never trust a woman by her looks.

Oh, and by the way, apart from all my criticism, the game is quite decent. Not great (I don't use this word lightly), but decent.