Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: GOG version of Planet Explorers?[marked]  (Read 2312 times)

alifesoft

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
GOG version of Planet Explorers?[marked]
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:13 AM »

What do you think about addition Planet Explorers to the gog.com store? After the release of course.

I will be DRM Free release, but the Steam protection gives you almost nothing, because currently is possible to find beta 8.3 on torrents. However, if you add it to the GOG you could get additional customers who support DRM Free activity.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:00:27 AM by Dorist1 »

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: GOG version of Planet Explorers?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 06:57:22 AM »

There is one tiny (big) problem, the ISO exchange system used ingame is based on the Steam Workshop. So if we put the game anywhere else, it won't be able to have multiplayer, since the entire system is dependent on players freely exchanging their creations in the multiplayer server. GOG has talked with us about putting up a single player version of the game, with a cheaper price point. We will probably talk over it after final to see how much time we need to do such a version and if it's fair.

alifesoft

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: GOG version of Planet Explorers?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 01:13:08 AM »

GOG has talked with us about putting up a single player version of the game, with a cheaper price point.

Excellent. I rely on you. A lot of people fight with current situation with DRM corrupted games by the purchasing or only DRM free version of product or by torrenting it. When you add your game to the GOG (singleplayer is ok) you can count on my money.

brokenlogin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: GOG version of Planet Explorers?[marked]
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »

It would be nice to at least have local lan mp.   But I think a big advantage to a non-online game is playing where there is limited or no internet even if it is only SP as long as ISOs could still be made.

alifesoft

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:49:45 AM »

So, Version one is brought out. Could you add the game (single player version, with possible addition lan multi in the future) to the gog store? But single player will be ok.

Verun

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:48:21 PM »

I'd like that too. Not that I want to pay less, but I don't want to play this via Steam as that enforces updates.
And as I plan to heavily mod this game, like I do with almost every game, that could be a problem.

I'd get a collector's edition if there was one because it's one of the indie games I've been following for years and I'm happy the dev's didn't go insane or bankrupt in the meantime.

alifesoft

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 02:35:07 AM »

Still use torrent edition.

gkoster

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »

I bought the game when they were still updating the down load version. end ad that time they promised a download and a steam version. after 8.7 I believe it is they haven't updated there download version for quite a while.

but they still have promised an drm free and steam free version.

alifesoft

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 03:20:10 AM »

Could you now add your game to the GOG?