1) - there are some items that a chore to create, simply because the requirements. Charcoal and animal fat are two prime examples. You need animal fat to make charcoal (for some reason???) and you don't get barely any animal fat, even from big, fat animals that should have layers of fat. No, you need to extract it from meat and at a 1 to 12 ratio.
Guns are already inferior to lasers in any way, at least making ammo should not be so tedious.
2) - and in relation to the above, weapons need balancing in relation to cost, effectivnes and when they are avialable in story mode. right now there's zero reasons to use guns at all. None.
So how to balance it? Not sure, but just a suggestion:
TIER 1: Guns generally pack a bigger punch than lasers, lasers are more accurate
TIER 2: Lasers now pack more punch, but tend to overheat and thus have a slower RoF
3) Bows - in order to make them competitive, special arrows might be nice. Or something that makes them more attractive - like for example, they are quiet weapons, so you can land a few shots into an enemy before it figures out who's attacking it, making it good for hunting.
4) Vehicle weapons are...garbage. Innacurate, hard to aim and damage is laughable.
5) Also, all function the same - they take from your fuel reserves. Which makes sense for LAz0rs, but not for guns.
suggestions: ammo box vehicle part. Small, roughly the size of a fuel cell. Holds 1000 ammo units. The bigger the gun, the more it drains per shot (a minigun would drain1 per shot, a tank cannon would drain 100).
OR you could go into more detail and have different ammo boxes for small and large guns. (small one would be made from steel and bullets, big one with steel and artillery shells). A vehicle gun automacially comes with some minor ammo storage
As to reloading - you could have a base structure - (armor, vehicle depot) that automatically reloads ammo when you bring the vehicle next to it OR you can reload manually, as long as you have an ammo box in the inventory.
You could do something similar to energy weapons, by installing capacitors/batteries and generators instead of having them drain from the fuel directly. So you could have a vehicle with a large energy storage capacity, but energy re-charges slowly, or vice-versa. Or a balanced approach.
Alternatively, a cooling module for energy weapons instead of batteries (meaning they draw from the fuel like normal, but heat up and need cooling)