Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Rotating blocks and Building by vector (like old time)[marked]  (Read 1292 times)

vionieri.probakan

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

Hello. I would like you to get back features to the game that was possible before updates. I talking about the building mode (key B). And also, please add something new (2th point on my comment).

1) PLEASE, return the opportunity to building by vector in any direction (pull the line in to direction/vector I need), and name it "point-to-point" for example. In older versions I can do this, now i CAN'T. The absence of these features greatly limits the possibility of building, and must be returned. For this reason, I have to play in 0.75 version (screenshots maded from it), and I really very disappointed by what happened with "Building" mode at actual versions :-[ All I can now, is to build a wall oriented by the sides of blocks, or build the wall by hand one by one block for the very long time, or construct a square, cube or rectangle. I attached screenshot for you, to understand what I mean.

2) Add the feature to rotate the blocks along the longitudinal axis (screenshot attached). This is a very enrich construction mode, and will allow to do buildings not as boxy as it is now. I know it's possible, because I saw mod for version 0.871 where the units can be rotated (specifically here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/237870/discussions/0/34095131802292345/)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:23:10 AM by Dorist1 »

LexaSkull

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Rotating blocks and Building by vector (like old time)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:57:08 AM »

Agree. Building awesome constructions without those features is harder.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:22:11 AM »

The building by vector was somewhat usefull for making quick (odd) stairs between two points. But it could be more or less pratical for building itself because the result could be very approximative by moment.

The suggestion of my previous post could give the same result for rotating block in any direction. I didn't know there was a mod, the link don't give the right topic, but bring to the general PE forum.

vionieri.probakan

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »

The building by vector was somewhat usefull for making quick (odd) stairs between two points. But it could be more or less pratical for building itself because the result could be very approximative by moment.

The suggestion of my previous post could give the same result for rotating block in any direction. I didn't know there was a mod, the link don't give the right topic, but bring to the general PE forum.

I corrected link. Try it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237870/discussions/0/34095131802292345/

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 10:20:33 AM »

I feel like the mod can allow to rotate blocks and items made with the editor only. But, because of the odd actual collision box it isn't effective.

So we need some specific options to rotate blocks too.

fjgj

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Rotating blocks and Building by vector (like old time)[marked]
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:10:32 PM »

I agree it is really useful  to get out a hole or cave, with the new option you need to build it level by level

Dorian_Grey

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:43 PM »

Rotating blocks would be fantastic!  I hate tying to build along something on the map that doesn't line up.  For example, a river that runs diagonally compared to the block layout, and I'm trying to build a bridge across it.  The bridge has to be much longer and doesn't go straight across like it should.  I COULD make the bridge go straight across but it's much more work and doesn't look as nice.

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

2) Add the feature to rotate the blocks along the longitudinal axis (screenshot attached). This is a very enrich construction mode, and will allow to do buildings not as boxy as it is now. I know it's possible, because I saw mod for version 0.871 where the units can be rotated (specifically here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/237870/discussions/0/34095131802292345/)

Thanks.
This was from a mod, as outlined by replies in the thread, but i'd also like to point out that the mod did not allow users to rotate blocks apart from the 90 degree grid that all blocks in PE are bound to. It only allowed one to place and rotate ISOs, which are not bound by that grid.

Unbinding building blocks from the grid would require quite a significant rewrite from how it all currently works, and at this stage, i'm not sure the devs would be able to do this.. Blocks in PE are an individual entity each, defined by an independent position, rather than a series of something to create a singular entity that can just simply sit in the world (like ISO's). It is an infrastructure design decision that may be too difficult to change at this point, via time, as well as ability to do so.

Iron Newt

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »

Once you work out how to use bisos to save you time arbitrary vector lines aren't that useful. The two things which would make building much quicker would be 45 degree 'cube' building & extrusions (like in the creator).

For instance in the wall around my base (see here) it too longer to stack 5 extra blocks on the base in 1/8 of the circle than in it did to create the entire 140 block radius circle!