Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Bartertowne Server - Private Gaming Group  (Read 2205 times)

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Bartertowne Server - Private Gaming Group
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:55:49 PM »

So, since we only have a handful of players right now and we have a 16-slot server running pretty clean and very fast, figured I should reach out to anyone interested in joining our online community.

We have a Teamspeak 3 server, Steam Group, Facebook Group, and several other servers we run. Currently, we run servers for Planet Explorers, ARK: Survival Evolved, 7 Days to Die, Space Engineers, and Wurm Unlimited. We also have a few players who frequent some MMO's - The Elder SCrolls Online and Secret World.

Our gaming group is aptly named because we forge an in-game bartering economy system, wherein players typically trade with other players to get items they need, in exchange for items they already have. This allows players to specialize in specific areas, while still maintaining their own needs through trade. Though we haven't started bartering officially on the Planet Explorers server, as many of us are still getting used to the screens and controls, we'll be wiping once things stabilize a bit, at which point we'll have a mayor, sheriff, deputies, and of course a banking system.

Our website is at http://bartertown.7d2d.rocks/. Feel free to drop by and get the info for our Teamspeak server. Add me on Steam (id/lazerblade01/) for more info. Here's a quick list of our common rules - please note, some of these will not apply to Planet Explorers: https://bartertown.envul.com/server-rules-i-/.

Hope to see you in-game!

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: Bartertowne Server - Private Gaming Group
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »

Thank you for taking an interest in planet explorers with your gaming group.  When I'm available, I'd be happy to jump on your server and play with you guys!
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:12:08 AM »

Oh, I've had the game for quite some time and had an interest in it long ago, well over a year ago. It was only recently, after well over 1100 hours in one of our other games, that I decided I needed a break. When we switched servers to a dedicated hardware machine with the power to run multiple server instances and with enough juice to comfortably host for up to 32 players, spread across multiple games, that I decided to give it another shot. Having seen the update come through in December, I was curious to see how much it had improved. I can honestly say I've fallen in love with it again. It spurred me to start up my own youTube channel, currently dedicated to PE tutorials and soon to host a series of PE gameplay clips - set in adventure mode with my own "roleplaying" story voiceover. I love this type of game and have several early access titles that have similar functionality and feel. I think what draws me most to PE is the creative "canvas" - of both the world and the vehicle / weapon creation screen. Kudos to the developers for taking such a big risk with their ideas. I think it's paying off, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the future. I'm well on my way to hitting 100 hours - I was under 20 hours just a couple of weeks ago.

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 07:24:10 PM »

For anyone who's looking for multiplayer co-op adventure mode game time, and looking to become part of a great group of gamers, we just wiped the server last night, so get in early now and get those skill points rolling. Take advantage of our bartering system to recruit other players to work for you, in exchange for armor you can make before they can. The earlier you get in, the faster you'll rise to the top of the food chain.

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »

UPDATE: We've replaced Wurm Unlimited and Space Engineers with Empyrion: Galactic Survival and Savage Lands. Our main staples are still Planet Explorers, ARK: Survival Evolved, and 7 Days to Die.

Also, our Planet Explorers server is back up and running, and has 16 slots, for anyone interested. If you want more info, reply here or send me a message.

Of note - the map is set to 40kmx40km, we have the skill tree enabled, we're playing adventure mode co-op, and ISO's are welcome. I'm the mayor, and we're looking for long-term players willing to work on building a great community within PE. Join us, and take part in a great PE experience.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »

haha, i tried to get in today but alas, it was locked up with a password.  I also can't figure out how to join your site.   Has me a little saddened.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:15:37 PM by Malus Tepes »
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:12 AM »

Add me on Steam - Lazerblade01 - and I can get you all set up or at least in the right direction.

lazerblade01

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 11:25:22 PM »

FYI - I run the dedicated sever on my old rig now, and have 12 slots total. Currently we have 4 steady players, with 1 other rarely visiting and 1 other interested but hasn't joined yet. That leaves 6 open slots. We play strict co-op PvE adventure mode with skill tree on. If anyone is interested, let me know. We use Teamspeak for voice communication and our Facebook group for messaging and serer status updates.