Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Armor thread[marked]  (Read 2055 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Armor thread[marked]
« on: January 31, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »

Okay guys.   There is a serious lack of create visco armor out there!  I aint that fancy or shiny at armor, but if I have to be the only one to do it, then so be it.  I already saw someone made an amazing bunny suit ((That he never uploaded for others *qq*)).  Let's see what we can flex our minds to make. 

I don't know about you guys, But I'm going to attempt to recreate some basic video game armor this upcoming week.  I'd love to see what everyone can make as full armor sets!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:58:36 AM by Dorist1 »
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

harrymcb

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Armor thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:51 AM »

I'll get started  ;). any suggestions? I'm not the most creative but I'll try.

harrymcb

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 12:41:55 AM »

btw does iso armor give any defense?

harrymcb

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »

after trying to make some armor i decided..... I'm bad at it  :o sorry

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »

It look to be a very interesting and promising mode, but in the actual state, it is very difficult to make a full armor sets without having a full view of the armor set in the editor :d . Multiple upload/delete armor parts are requested ingame before to reach a good armor design, not really pratical :/ . Maybe a window or any visual effect where you can select and see the others armor parts assembled in editor for a global result could be helpfull to skip actual useless actions  :-\ . Editing an equipped armor part could be usefull too. Actually it is more try and try again + sometime the armor part go in the wrong place and hairs can be see with a full helm.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:00:50 PM by XxIcarusxx »

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

It look to be a very interesting and promising mode, but in the actual state, it is very difficult to make a full armor sets without having a full view of the armor set in the editor :d . Multiple upload/delete armor parts are requested ingame before to reach a good armor design, not really pratical :/ . Maybe a window or any visual effect where you can select and see the others armor parts assembled in editor for a global result could be helpfull to skip actual useless actions  :-\ . Editing an equipped armor part could be usefull too. Actually it is more try and try again + sometime the armor part go in the wrong place and hairs can be see with a full helm.

This is something I agree with.  Especially how the Arm and main armor are seperated.  If there was some way to have it so you could have All the pieces assignable at once, and assigning voxels to interact with specific pieces, it would make armor design FAR FAR easier.
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Ag

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »

Hi there, I wish i could help, unfortunately since PE has moved to Unity, my computer is too cheap to run it properly.
That said, I'm still curious to see the cool armors you will make!

Cheers

PS: If I could make an armor, I would try to create a Warhammer 40K armor, like this ;D
http://pre02.deviantart.net/0b3d/th/pre/i/2015/102/6/a/astartes_armor__standard_modifications__by_themaestronoob-d8pg7k9.jpg
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:16:04 PM by Ag »

Victim404

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »

Well I am in the process of figuring out how to make all the different parts connect when moving, without having everything clipping into each other  ???
Equipping and then scaling all the parts on my character is a pain in the butt, but I love the fact that you can give each moving part it's own pivot point!!

I also found a way to speed up the process of making symmetrical armor for left and right. Just make them in the same space like so:

Save this as a base and when you need left or right, just remove the material on the side you don't need and adjust the pivot point.
The image shows 2 arms (the pivots) but that is for visibility. You get an error when placing more than 1 pivot, because it is supposed to be for left OR right only..

So I start with the left upper arm and have a mirrored version for my right. Even if you do like to have some a-symmetrical detail on there, you will have a good starting point for proportions.

One issue I already encountered is the fact that the pivot point resets to default when you open the ISO in the creator. No matter how you save it, it just reverts..
So the arm piece I make for the the lower right arm now suddenly is showing on the upper left. (pivot point default)

I found a workaround by equipping the armor in this order:

upper left arm
upper right arm
lower left arm
lower right arm

Body armor has the same issue for me, the order:

chest
waist
crown jewels

Haven't worked on leg armor yet..
And then there is the decoration part to figure out.

Helmets turn out awkwardly big because of my character's hair, so that could use some tweaking I guess.  ;D

*edited because of me being stupid..

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:31:44 PM by Victim404 »

Victim404

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »

I edited out my "brilliant" suggestion in my last post, because a couple of minutes after I made the actual post, I notice these handy tabs ingame.. ::) ::)

5 outfits to be saved on your character and easily swappable..
Smallest helmet size for my character's hair here...

gp2exe

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 01:17:58 AM »

Pretty cool Victim404, nice job. Keep working on it, you'll get the hang of it.

As a tip: you don't actually need to make both sides of the armor when exporting the ISO, the equipment interface has the option of mirroring your model after placing it on your character. Simply click on the white wrench icon (look in your last posted picture) and it will allow you to select the piece you want to flip. That's in the case you want symmetry. If it's an asymmetrical design then making two different ISOs might be best, I usually include keywords like "left", "right", "f", or "m" to differentiate between the different parts.

As far as equipping goes, instead of right clicking the pieces, dragging and dropping will highlight the available slots on the character so that it doesn't equip shoes on the hands for example.
(Yeah, been there-done that)
Well, I still like cookies.

Victim404

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »

Thank you for the pointers.  :D
Yes I do the same when naming..
Like GridLegUL (upper left) or something like that..

Now if the names would only actually show if I hover over the icons in my inventory, how nifty would that be... ::)
I get weight and cost, but no name, but that's hardly game breaking right?
It'll get fixed I suppose..

Another issue I had, decals bleeding onto other custom ISO's..
If I equip 1 of my custom swords which has a decal, the decal shows all over my armor.
Same goes for custom vehicles. This only happens when the decal is set to "diffuse", so it is probably related to that other issue.
The one where transparent parts of a decal turn full black when set to "diffuse".

The idea was something of a tight fit bio-armor thing.. Perhaps with decals somewhat like this one. Just more "bio"..

Azirahael

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Armor thread[marked]
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »

I would be happy if they exposed the standard armours for us to work from.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Armor thread[marked]
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »

Hello, sorry to unrip this thread but I have to point the issues that occur with decals if you try to build a full armor set that cover the whole body by using them.

1. Reminder: Decals have 2 options, emissive and diffuse.

- Emissive has the bad property to shine in the night like in daylight (not good in multiplayer pvp), but allow to use transparency property of the pictures used as decals.
- Diffuse are darker in the night as they should be but transparency property of pictures are not allowed.

2. Decals cover every other isos in their area of effect. Not really anoying in normal use, it is more annoying for armor creation because you have use emissive option even if you are 100 % precise while making decals transparency, and while placing them just cover the armor parts, there will always be overlaps issues between decals at each articulations and moving make them weird.

I'm not using decals myself because too much decals cause frame rate issue on my laptop. However I have seen a large amount of armors pictures on deviant art that could easily be used for making armors. But actually because of cumulated decals issues I'm not sure it worst it except if armor parts don't cover the articulations. (That could also explain why none of the armor set using decals I have seen before, have been completed or released)

I find the iso decoration part very interesting to use. But his default position is odd. Exemple for head armor part [rotation x=0 y=0 z=0] you have to place decoration like this [rotation x=0 y=90 z=-90]

Here used for making sharp helm visor.

Also the character default position is very odd, is shoulders seems too much placed backwards, like he was forced to to show is belly and keep an unnatural position. That also cause shoulders armors to be placed too much backward in stanby position while the during battle animation they are approximatively placed correctly.