Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: How to publish your Custom Game  (Read 4392 times)

Katherine

• Administrator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
How to publish your Custom Game
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »

How to publish a Custom Game?

1.   Export a World

First you will need to create Worlds in World Editor. After that, check all the Modifications under Edit tab. Make sure you saved all the changes.

Export the World file.

Select File -> Export Project. Save the file via the defaulted path. Make sure there is no existing file in the defaulted folder.

The file edited in World Editor is just a World not a Custom Game yet. It is not applicable in the game until we create a Custom Game Project, add one or more World and edit a series of rules in Scenario Editor.

2.   Create and publish Custom Game

Select Tool -> Custom Game to open Scenario Editor.

Select File -> New Scenario to create a new Scenario Project.

Create a new folder for your Scenario Project.

Add at least one World project into the world list. The state of the World will be Published. (Make sure you’ve already exported your World, or else it will be shown as Unpublished.)

Edit the number of teams and players in Forces and Players tab, and assign the Start Position for all the Human Players.

Edit the Game Logic under the main interface. (Game Logic can only be edited in Scenario Editor, but running Game Logic in a0.9 is not available now.)

To publish the Custom Game, choose File -> Publish Scenario and then save the file in an empty folder.

Now a Custom Game named Planet Pandora has been created. (Please see picture below.)

Move this saved folder into CustomGames under games directory.

Yeah!!! Finally, you are all set!!! ;D ;D

Now enjoy your game!!! And of course, you can ALWAYS share these Custom Games with your friends.  :D

jihualz008

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: How to publish your Custom Game
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »

shut up and driving

Deathlock

• Colonist
  • pirate ninjas?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:02:56 AM »

lol, ok ill try...

Deathlock

• Colonist
  • pirate ninjas?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:22 AM »

ok so I was able to do it but I had to use the generic spawn location to get in. I had no map and I spawned in to the middle of a ocean with no land in sight. if I pick the place I want "1626,3140,150" when I try to load in I get the 100 spiraling loading screen forever.
also when I add a player to the scenario they are auto added to force "0". is that a problem or do they have to be force 1 to talk to npc's/ not be attacked by them?

im going to try later to add some hight to my spawn location (156?) and maybe that will fix the issue. I suppose the game is stuck in a loop when I spawn in the ground?

Deathlock

• Colonist
  • pirate ninjas?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:36:09 PM »

soo... none of what I said above works. :( only the generic spawn location works. I even tried moving my spawn to some place in the middle of the ocean with the same height as the generic spawn.

in the end it doesn't matter because none of the npcs can talk to you whether you're on there team of not. You cant buy scrip's and you don't start with the knife. you cant make anything because you cant get the scrip's or cut trees down to make a shovel. I don't even have the console command to give myself tools to at least test parts of my map. I cant tell if monsters, trees, or npcs respawn because im to weak to kill them. I can't even scan or dig minerals to figure out what some of the unlabeled minerals are. I feel like im working with both hands behind my back trying to make a map with only my face to use the keyboard and mouse. :P

I think the editor is vary promising but we still lack the tools to make it viable. playing on someone else's homemade world could breath new life into the game and mitigate a lot or problems in adventure mode.