Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: I want to play this game but it won't let me [ENTIRE PC CRASH][marked]  (Read 1487 times)

Monkeys

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

I try to play Story mode, but it CRASHES MY COMPUTER. Literally. My entire PC shuts down. I have great specs and have never had such an issue with any game before.

As soon as I start digging around the ship to find the herbs juice, my PC fans go crazy and my PC shuts down.

What am I doing wrong? Is story mode broken or something?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:53:45 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile

Attach the output_log from the PE_Client_Data folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Planet Explorers so that we can see the issue clearly.

Monkeys

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

There.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile

This log is not the crash log. Did it send right after the crash?

Monkeys

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

I don't understand what you're asking. This is the only .txt file in the aformentioned directory.

Once again, it crashes MY ENTIRE PC, not just the game.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile

Did you continue to play the game after that crash? The log will rewrite itself if you continue to play.

ukkopukumi

• Citizen
    • View Profile

I try to play Story mode, but it CRASHES MY COMPUTER. Literally. My entire PC shuts down. I have great specs and have never had such an issue with any game before.

As soon as I start digging around the ship to find the herbs juice, my PC fans go crazy and my PC shuts down.

What am I doing wrong? Is story mode broken or something?
The fact that fans go crazy would seem to indicate some sort of "busy loop" (either CPU or GPU or both), which quite typically leads to heating. The fact that PC shuts down (and not just bluescreens/such) might in turn indicate the system detected overheating and as a safety measure turns off.

Now, the reason for such busy loop is of course a programming issue, but the possible overheating/shut down is an issue in the hardware: inadequate cooling or something wrong with it.

Of course, could be something else, too, like heavy load on GPU causing too high power drain and PSU fails to provide stable voltages, etc., whatever, yadayada.. But the first thing I would check is the GPU/CPU temperatures under heavy stress, and I mean heavy stress, not just a standard game, but with some of those programs meant for "burn testing". Just in case.

Monkeys

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

Did you continue to play the game after that crash? The log will rewrite itself if you continue to play.

Yes. After two crashes on story mode, I tried playing in sandbox mode for a bit. No crash there.

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: I want to play this game but it won't let me [ENTIRE PC CRASH][marked]
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:40 AM »

Monkeys, if it crashes again, you can attatch the output log right after its crashing. That can help us to figure out the problem.