Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]  (Read 5169 times)

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

Dropship has just been re-upload too on the steam workshop in 2 wood versions, 30 vtol rotors and 2 airship thrusters wasn't enough to allow lift power, rotation, and propulsion of the aluminium version at the same time, I had  no choice. It is a most avanced version more polish but at this level you'll won't see any differences.

The default one.

The black one with less decals for avoiding frame rate issue.

I really want to make something else than waste my time to rebalance my old isos again and again because of some devs decisions regarding game mechanic, but this one requested to me an insane amount of time so I won't rip it that easily.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:42:33 PM by XxIcarusxx »

Baromeus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 07:43:43 PM »

Your Dropship  is still amazing, thanks for rebalancing it. What will be your next project?

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »

Yesterday I was on armor editor, but it give me headaches because it is very complicated and I also have to make complicated things so I'm taking a break.

I have another aircraft project like the dropship but smaller and I don't like the actual shape, I will certainly have to rethink it heavily. But because of actual flying gameplay issues I feel a little bit demotivated about making another aircraft. I have to be very carrefull about the iso size.

Right now I was just trying to unrip my first vehicle the "raider", but with the same color pattern than the dropship, however I quickly run into an issue, it take damage and explode without any reason in less than 1 min, on flat ground O_o. I don't find the issue, nothing touch the ground except the wheels.

Baromeus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »

that sounds odd  oO  is your vehicle extreme large/heavy?

until no i only created some fast builded transporters... ugly as hell, small and lightweight...

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »

No, it is small and it use aluminium so it can't be that heavy. It was one of the most downloaded and appreciated iso on the steam workshop so I am very surprised that I didn't get any reports concerning this issue.

Lily

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »

can you make an original C&C mammoth tank? That oen was way cooler than the others. So sad they werent in tiberian sun except that one mission with the mutants.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 11:13:47 AM »

can you make an original C&C mammoth tank? That oen was way cooler than the others. So sad they werent in tiberian sun except that one mission with the mutants.

This won't happen, this one took me a lot of time and actually time is missing. Also, even if the original c&c look more easy to make, I actually encounter overweight issue that don't allow it to climb even a little slope + the fixed turret requested a lot of work is pretty uneffective ingame, I have made this one because I was pretty excited because at this moment the custom turret editor release was close and is name misleading, but now it is released I'm seriously dampen. 

Obviously with an great editor like that, it is sad that we can't do our own tank turret.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »

I have just re uploaded the Mammoth mkIII (aluminium) on steam with max wheel parts (more on the front and te rear) but it still have slope climbing issue, even if it's reduced.
Also try to avoid mountain climbing.

I'll won't change aluminium for a lightest material, this is already too much unrealistic, lol.

Now the only vehicle I need to fix is the raider, but the fact that it explode after less than 1 minute of road is not an encouraging sign x) .

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »

Dropship has just been re-upload too on the steam workshop in 2 wood versions, 30 vtol rotors and 2 airship thrusters wasn't enough to allow lift power, rotation, and propulsion of the aluminium version at the same time, I had  no choice. It is a most avanced version more polish but at this level you'll won't see any differences.

Just curious, but have you tried simply using downward thrusters, and making them invisible? This should easily be able to make your vehicle lift without all the rotors. The only major difficulty is balancing position and upward thrust so it doesn't move forward or backwards in the "idle".

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »

Hello, I have a lot of  irl works that request me to stay focus for some days more, so I don't really have the time to play actually. The trick given by Felonius will maybe help me to exploit another options but I don't have the time to try them. It could possibly fix most my aicrafts issues if I make correct changes. Regarding the dropship I'll try to keep airship thrusters as main propulsion first, because it look more cool in this way. If I'm not able to do like this I'll use them in your way. The main issue is to balance and  hide vtols at the same time.

Unfortunatly these is not a limit cap of 4 airship thrusters for keeping them as take off power and propulsion simulteaneously.

Also there is such no resizing tricks for ground vehicles that could help to reduce weight and allow them to climb small slopes.
And it seems also the ground damage tolerance is heavily reduced if the hull is not mostly vertical with wheels at the same level, even if the ground is mostly flat .

I didn't run into bumps and trees.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:39:45 PM by XxIcarusxx »

Baromeus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

o.o that's quite odd, i will try to build a similar concept just to test it out (if i got some time)

Baromeus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »

can confirm, as soon as your tires are in line in a specific bigger angle you vehicle starts to get damage... 10 seemed fine btw. (but i wasn't able to climb hills without getting a burning bike)

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »

can confirm, as soon as your tires are in line in a specific bigger angle you vehicle starts to get damage... 10 seemed fine btw. (but i wasn't able to climb hills without getting a burning bike)

Sorry for the delay before the answer :p

I find this issue very harmfull because there could be pretty cool designs that could be done in this way T_T. An iso made at 45 could give a render far more different than an horizontal normal iso made following the reference plane. Also this issue didn't exist before so why it happen actually?

I have fixed the issue with my aircraft a way more easily than expected with ultra flat vtols resized x2, but there was only 1 place for them :p. Now it can fly with Aluminium in a pretty cool way like a copter but there still an issue, the loss of altitude.

Before uploading it, I need to find what is exactly the issue, it is possible that vtols types and airship thruster type(as propulsion) are not compatibles for working together, wherever they are placed (many tries). Iso will finish to reach the ground slowly or qwickly

Felonius

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 01:28:29 PM »

The problem you encounter isn't that hard to figure out.
EVERY little bit of "forward movement while IDLE" also shows the amount the vessel will lose altitude in that direction = "nose kissing the ground after a while" syndrome.

A "forward-drift while IDLE" of 0.1 is absolutely fine! At 0.2 you should think about adjusting vtols/thrusters, IF it is a HEAVY vessel. Lighter vessels are still fine. But 0.3 has to be worked on.

This means that your upward-thrusters at the BACK are too strong (too big) OR placed a bit too far at the back! Can be solved by moving them A BIT forward AND/OR resizing them by 0.1 increments (X and Y). The exact same can be done if the vessel is drifting backwards while IDLE. Just the other way around, of course. ;)

DON'T play around with changing the ANGLES of ANY upward-thrusters/Vtols!
IF one feels the need to do so, then NO MORE than 1-3 degrees. Everything else will solve NOTHING and will lead to even harder to fix trouble. Like in your original version!

FORGET this "helicopter nose down flying" nonsense, which only works in MOVIES, but NEITHER in real life, NOR in this game! Helicopters in real life can do a so called "emergency start", which can lead to the nose pointing down in an up to 45 degrees angle. But NO helicopter in this universe can fly this way for longer than a few seconds, or it will simply crash!

Hope this sheds some light on this issue. ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:42:40 PM by Felonius »
Pages: 1 [2]