Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]  (Read 7613 times)

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »

This thread will not only contain isos, but certainly decals and materials as well in future.

[Advanced WIP] Actual theme "Command and Conquer" 09 February 2016.

Modeling are finished, at least the exteriors. Some more or less serious driving and balancing issues to fix.

I have lost some materials and the custom decals used for the tanks with my old PC so if someone can find a way to extract them from vciso files, seriously, I will be glad.

GDI - CC6 Pitbull started in febrary

From C&C 3.

GDI - Predator (Frame) (WIP) started in september

From C&C 3 and 4.

GDI - Mammoth MKIII (Fixed Turret) (WIP) started in may

From C&C 3. CAN'T WAIT TURRET EDITOR :3

GDI - Kodiak (WIP, need serious balancing) started in september

From C&C 4. (Original design by Leon Gor)

Past Projects need re-balancing

[ AD 48 ]-Prototype (here my hundreds hours project).

Download Link: http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-assault-dropship-159.html

Icarus Armament Division present their new Prototype of Assault Dropship (WIP) designed for special operations. This one can carry 12 passengers(crew:2, Troops:10). Offensive equipment consists of missile launchers and tri-cannon Machine Gun. The Prototype colors pattern use black orange, and grey when the standard models are customized following the users desires.

[Notice: I have a weak laptop so for the Artwork: C Base & C Hex materials have bump strength: 30 and specular strength: 70 when the Steam workshop iso one have 0 - 0. I forgot to change these for the Steam workshop release so feel free to change them. If no it will keep it's cartoonish aspect.]

My personnal project. I tried to polish it as far as I can, but it still several think to do like improving materials, modifying certains areas, and changing the turret when the turret editor will be added. I hope it worst it. Actual version is 48 an can be found on the workshop under the name: AD 48. So it still WIP.

Notes!
 - Piloting it is not like the other isos. Since the takeoff and during flight this one will not stop moving forward by default. It's like a crossbreed between copter and plane. If you plan to land it in restristed area like an helicopter, it will require pratice. You can reduce its speed and stop it by holding the down arrow key. A landing strip for plane will be certainly the best choise.
- The huge number of vtol rotors is necessary to counter the Airship truster effect. Without them, it will just turnover and stuck itself on the ground .

If possible give your impressions about piloting. I love how it takeoff and how it fly, that why I didn't change the airship thrusters location.

Exterior:

Troop compartment with seats, a weapon rack and a box (Thanks to Pastaga for his decals, it help me a lot for resizing the passengers seats)

Look easy to do but things like this give really headaches.

Custom Material:
Recently I have read this message.
Dorist1 : « Decal will slow the game at present. Try not to put it in game until we get it optimized ». 26/02/15
Since this moment I have skipped my work on AD 48"s decals, because it don't worst it right now (maybe later), for finding another solution. So I have clean 2 materials for free change their diffuse texture and maybe their bump too. The third I wanted to clean occur with too much important areas, so I don't want to touch them and I surrender this idea. Painting them is the best option if you have enough patience, in the other hand there not so much pannels with B Base material.

(Note, only the canopy frame decal (2A885...) is really necessary. You can delete the other one if you have frate rate issues).

Here some exemples of colors customisation. I have waste a lot of time on finding right colors but it still basic textures :I

Radar

Here some basic handmaded basic textures with associated colors+ canopy decal for color change and very few material/bumps I have found on the web (need to search more). To change diffuse double clic on material to open the window and put the file.png location in the diffuse tab:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/764xbql6x2dkdkh/Textures.7z

Canopy too can be painted or the diffuse texture can be changed by another color.png.

Someone asked by PM me to add these materials. Well, they are very basic in my point of view but while waiting for glass material it still very interesting to use because it can hide bumps, at least to some extent. There LOW and HD versions. LOW for making curved areas and HD for flat areas.

Here canopy material:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/er8c97y9bebb96m/Cockpits.vciso

Older Projects:

[ Raider ] : http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=5956.msg34848#msg34848
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:36:34 AM by Dorist1 »

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus Armament Division thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:40:36 PM »

looks awesome! do you have a link to the ISO file? or are you not uploading it yet?

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »

You can download it from the ingame multiplayer workshop place if you have created a MP character, go on the workshop tab and search the most downloaded isos of the week (iso name AD 48). I am trying to upload it to planet explorer-iso but I have a login issue.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:30:37 AM by XxIcarusxx »

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »

You can download it from the ingame multiplayer workshop place if you have created a MP character, go on the workshop tab and search the most downloaded isos of the week (iso name AD 48). I am trying to upload it to planet explorer-iso but I have a login issue.

This is not working for me, I can filter it to most downloaded isos of the week, but it brings up over 400 pages worth. When I try to search by name, it loads forever and never shows anything.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »

Don't search by name, AD 48 is in page 2 if there is no name in the research tab.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:15 PM »

Ok, I don't have login issue anymore so I have finally uploaded it on Planet Explorer-iso: http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-assault-dropship-159.html

Yoan

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »

Looks epic :D everything fits perfectly with so many cool details, even on the inside.
Maybe some day we will be able to pick up 11 npc's and drop them on an enemy base.

Unfortunately I lose frames even after removing most decals :(

Why did you pick helicopter instead of battleship?

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »

Well, If you always have frame rate issues after having removed all decal, it's a problem. This will be sole mostly when the game will be optimized, because right now the game isn't optimized for decals, + every hidden voxels texture are calculated. I have downloaded some isos far more laggy than this one. It was difficult to work on it at the end.

When I started this project the battleship editor wasn't released. And I don't know if my weak laptop could support a battleship of this level.

I just hope this iso could have good days in future, once the game will be optimized. Until this time I will try to improve it(textures and other) and start other projects more easier because thousands hours for this one is to much. At least I have learn very much about the editor game mechanic with this one so I hope I will progress faster for the others.

Lithoboli

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »

This is probably the most complex and awesome vehicle I have had the privilege of witnessing.
Amazing work, words cannot describe how impressed I am.

I kinda need to raise the bar now, lol.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

Thanks. It was a bunch of work too. I hope devs will add more tools for making things faster.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »

[Advanced WIP] Actual theme "Command and Conquer" 09 February 2016.

Modeling are finished, at least the exteriors. Some more or less serious driving and balancing issues to fix.

I have lost some materials and the custom decals used for the tanks with my old PC so if someone can find a way to extract them from vciso files, seriously, I will be glad.

GDI - Predator (Frame) (WIP)

From C&C 3 and 4.

GDI - Mammoth MKIII (Fixed Turret) (WIP)

From C&C 3. CAN'T WAIT TURRET EDITOR :3

GDI - Kodiak (WIP, need serious balancing)

From C&C 4.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:50:05 PM by XxIcarusxx »

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »

GDI Predator & Mammoth and Kodiak have just been uploaded to the multiplayer PE worshop.

I have created a Steam collection to manage them.

Sorry, updated pictures will come next week.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:33:11 PM by XxIcarusxx »

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:48:42 AM »

Added GDI Pitbull to the list C&C list

Ulpoaded to steam workshop.

It requedted more than 100 mirroring operations because area is too small. It totally
exhausted me for something that look like easy, difficult to polish. I just hope copy/paste feature in final PE release...

I can't correct the front corners much more. If the editor allow to make diagonals between 2 axis, it if not the case for diagonals between 3 axis. There is nothing we can really do against it.

Rear before and polish by using mirroring because area is too small for using other methods.

Wheels of the original version should be between the rubber tire and the large rubber tire diameter, so it is a huge difference. Unfortunaly we can't resize wheels.

-GDI Pitbull, Predator, Mammoth & Kodiak are now uploaded to http://planet-explorers-isos.com/

http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-cc-6-pitbull-621.html
http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-mbt-6-predator-622.html
http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-mammoth-mkiii-623.html
http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-kodiak-624.html

Edit:
LoL, got x3 more download in 1 night on this website than in 2 months on the workshop. That means the actually workshop is just not used enough because it is not effective at all. This is a serious issue :/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:51:09 AM by XxIcarusxx »

kenedy

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:11 PM »

such a great post!
well done bro!
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Icarus Armament Division thread.[marked]
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »

GDI Kodiak has been re-ulpoaded on the Steam Workshop in wood version and can fly again since months. There is a very little issue while it turn, I'm not able to fix it totaly even if I tried a lot but it should not be annoying.

Not working Isos since 0.9: Mammoth Mk3 is too heavy->so  too slow, A.D.S can't fly.

Note: Raider have some decals issue that the devs haven't fixed yet (but the issue still occur with their own decals too. You can see it  in their last steam video.) So please change the decals properties from diffuse to emissive.
Pages: [1] 2