Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Please give us an update on the new version ?[marked]  (Read 6732 times)

pathbear

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Please give us an update on the new version ?[marked]
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »

Not to push anyone - where the dev's is standing with the newest update ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:42:33 AM by Dorist1 »

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Please give us an update on the new version ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:58:04 AM »

Save from version 0.85 can be used in the new version. You can download it from our offical board: http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:39:00 PM »

Save from version 0.85 can be used in the new version. You can download it from our offical board: http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/

I... don't think that is what they were asking, Dorist  :-\

Dorist1

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:42:14 AM »

We're heading a0.9. There's still a lot of work to do before we can release it. We'll update the Youtube and offical website if we have something new in the game. :D

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: Please give us an update on the new version ?[marked]
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:28:23 AM »

There should be a release in the next month.  They were hoping to have the next big patch in late April. As far as why they dont' post a video every two to three days like some companies do, its to Allow people the chance to explore and see all the new content for themselves.  That said, they have released several updates regarding this next patch.

-Among these updates are the Combat Update with a new overhauled combat System.
https://youtu.be/uAccvlFp0Ec

-The final implementation of the new World Editor with World Editor maps being used in multiplayer/adventure. ((Obviously with more updates to come for fixes on bugs and such and new content.))

-A new UI meant to clean up the game.
https://youtu.be/w3nYNe6j9f4

-A whole new set of quests.

-More Items.

They prefer to take a style to release information when they have some solid results.  As a result, while we may get updates once a week or once every two weeks, they still check the forums daily for bugs, trying to help the community, and help us moderators keep the spam bots out.

In addition, they also just recently created a new Home Page for Pathea, which needed to be remade even before a hacker had caused it to go down.
http://pathea.net/index.html

Would you prefer updates every 4 days that even if they didnt' maek you start over, contained very little actual content and got stale within an hour as a result *Think Space Engineers on this one*.  Or would you prefer updates every month or two months which have a lot more content, far strong mechanical structure, and while they may be buggier, *With hot fixes to come every other day for a week or two* that could keep you playing the new content for numerous days. 

I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

DieClops

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
    • CanadianISP finder and comparison
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »

Honestly, what I'd prefer is not so much as executable game updates every three days, but a note from the developer every couple/few days - I'd be happy with that :)
"Today, we got the new mining drills working"
"Guess what, folks ? 22.5 degree ramps are here!"
"New ISO types working, today: Airplanes with control surfaces that work!"

Those kind of updates :)

SilverDragon

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »

Id be happy with even some minor progress updates every 2 weeks or so, but things take time and ive waited this long so i guess i shall continue to do so, also always loved your builds malus <3

pathbear

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »

Thanks Guys let's wait and see what is coming up next.

Nick AKA ventie81

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »

Will there be changes or additions to the creator? Ow and iso's, will the new patch break old designs? or will there be a converter for them? I noticed something about an iso converter, figured it was for converting them to be usable with the latest patch.. I've only been making stuff since last version so i have no idea what will happen  ???

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 04:56:48 AM »

Will there be changes or additions to the creator? Ow and iso's, will the new patch break old designs? or will there be a converter for them? I noticed something about an iso converter, figured it was for converting them to be usable with the latest patch.. I've only been making stuff since last version so i have no idea what will happen  ???

A long long time ago ISO's were saved to a file known as an .ISO when you made them.  However, with .60 ((Or was it .70?))  they changed it to a .VISCO for better file management and to allow it to give them more ways to edit and improve it ((Such as allowing textures and decals.))  When this changed happened they created a converter for ISO to VISCO. 

Nick AKA ventie81

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

I stand informed  ;) Thank you Malus for clearing that up..
So this system with the iso's is like it's own module wich gets developed alongside the main game?
Or am i still not getting it?  ???

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »

I stand informed  ;) Thank you Malus for clearing that up..
So this system with the iso's is like it's own module wich gets developed alongside the main game?
Or am i still not getting it?  ???
They are made in game.  You will never lose them even if there is a story reset as once you save them, they are saved into your folders.  And when I say story mode isn't saved between versions ((like .85 and .90)) its because there are quest fixes and balances earlier on being changed, and one of those changes may make a later quest impossible, as well as feature changes that you might not be able to access without starting over.  However, the ISO's you save will never have this problem.

TL;DR: ISO's are saved to a folder in your computer and you won't lose your ISO's if you don't lose your computer.