Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: $How to Post your Bug Reports - (Guide Lines)  (Read 10478 times)

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
$How to Post your Bug Reports - (Guide Lines)
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »

Hi New and Old Planet Explorers, I am nora.

Just to let you know that it's really difficult to understand your bug and help you unless you give us 3 main things;

1. A snappy title of the bug you've found so we can reference it in later posts
2. A good description of what the bug is and, if you can, a description of how to replicate it (The longer the descriptions the better)
3. A Good Screenshot because, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

-----------

An example of a bad post would be:

I'm stuck in a wall and its making my screen go all funny

If you post that, there is very little that can be done to help you and fix the bug.

An example of a good post would be:

------
Stuck in a wall of dirtblocks.
------

I was making a wall of dirt blocks, and tried to place the blocks directly underneath my player character. The wall was 2blocks wide and spanned 5blocks infront and behind my player character. Now i'm stuck inside of the wall and my screen flickers green when i look directly down at the floor.

I have replicated this bug again, on another save, by trying to build another similar wall underneath the player character and it happened again.

Here are some screenshots of how i did it.
<Insert Screenshot Here>

If you can stick to those guide lines then hopefully the developers can find, replicate and fix your bug. So that any future builds of the game will be as bug free as possible.

When your bug is reported as fixed, Please Modify the Original title to include "<SOLVED>" in it, but ONLY if your bug is COMPLETELY GONE and more than yourself has confirmed it.

Now, off with you, Go explore Maria some more :D

nora
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:16:54 AM by norab7 »
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: $How to Post your Bug Reports - (Guide Lines)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »

As a moderator, I will like to remind all players since this is still alpha, and this build JUST dropped there will be a lot of bugs until we can get next build out.   So, if you do come across many game crashing errors including this rumored new Save Corruption bug, any major mechanical bugs especially with the new physics with water and other sources, any critical bugs that you can repeat at least once with quests, any Major mechanical bugs in adventure or build mode, any major errors with the new Building/Object editor, or any bugs such as a follower randomly losing his items, please take the following steps:
1) Make sure you have made back up saves.  Do not always rely on auto save.
2) Please copy your outlogs into a ZIP file immediately after exiting the game or after the game crashes
3) Make sure you recount clearly what was happening.  This is so OTHER players may attempt to recreate this bug, as well as the staff so they can post outlogs as well.
4) If you haven't figured it out, we can NOT do much without the outlog files.  Without these, the admins do not have a way to see where in the code the error or bug happened.
5) Please use the Bug Tracker by hitting the Bug Tracker button to the Right of your Members button and left of the Logout button.
6) Screen shots!  These are invaluable at times as then we have more information as we can get an image of the problem.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:55:18 PM by Malus Tepes »
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.