Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: About Pathea?[marked]  (Read 1766 times)

vileraisin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
About Pathea?[marked]
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »

Hey guys,

This game is the first time I've ever heard about Pathea and I can't seem to find any About Us page, or even a small introduction to the team. This has sort of given me the impression that this game is developed by a Chinese game sweat shop. Could you guys please add an About page somewhere so I get a better idea of who you guys are and what you're all about?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:58:44 AM by Dorist1 »

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: About Pathea?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

Hey guys,

This game is the first time I've ever heard about Pathea and I can't seem to find any About Us page, or even a small introduction to the team. This has sort of given me the impression that this game is developed by a Chinese game sweat shop. Could you guys please add an About page somewhere so I get a better idea of who you guys are and what you're all about?

Thanks.

They used to have one.  However, when the forum was hacked the main page ended going down too.  They simply haven't gotten that main pageback up.   Of course for some reason it never had a quick access from the forum.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers?ref=nav_search

However, you may want this.   This if Zifei Wu, head of the game development. 

The team is now over 20 ((over 25 maybe?)) and they have two main locations.  They are both in China and Florida.  Most of the coders are in China as far as I know.  There is a free demo available as well.   This game recieves updates every few months ((with a major update)).  THere is the goal of being finished with the game this year, but there are still chances that the final release may take longer.  However the beta is 100% certain to happen this year as we are only a few weeks ((maybe up to 8 weeks tops?)) from seeing the next major content patch, Patch .90.  Which will feature the ability to upload world edited maps.

I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

vileraisin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:28 PM »

Thanks Malus, also, I was kidding about the sweat shop thing, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »

Thanks Malus, also, I was kidding about the sweat shop thing, didn't mean to offend anyone.
Oh don't worry.  I'm not a member of the team. I'm just a forum moderator.  When they want to do contests, I host them for the team so that they can focus more on the game.  I figured I'd tell you what I knew.

They also just posted stuff that I hadn'ts een yet about how .90 will be hopefully done in march ((so 6 weeks give or take)) and that in feb they will do an asset patch in the form of .87
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

gp2exe

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 05:42:29 AM »

[snip]

The team is now over 20 ((over 25 maybe?))

[snip]

Well, turns out it's actually bigger than that. Out of curiosity I checked (kinda remembered but wasn't sure) and according to Zifei as of April 23, 2014 they had 35 people on staff. Nice to see how the team has been growing and making this awesome game a reality. :)
Well, I still like cookies.