Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Loud Noise "303" (sword) by Corsiy  (Read 1682 times)

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Loud Noise "303" (sword) by Corsiy
« on: March 28, 2016, 08:37:05 AM »

I recently discovered how to download ISOs from the Steam Workshop. (Finally!) And I downloaded several things. But there was one sword that I wanted that failed to download properly.

The download stops at 99%, at which point it gives an error message! It said something about an illegal character in the name or filename. I think the game could not handle the quotation marks in the name: Loud Noise "303". I tried restarting PE and, after finding it again, tried again to download. But it always gives this error and fails. Searching for "Loud" or "Noise" won't work, either, as the Workshop will only show an "Unknown".

Anyway, the sword looks nice. You can find it on page 18 of the Swords category. (Kudos to Corsiy for the design.) And it does a respectable 303.7 attack damage. Is there a chance someone here has it and can upload it? I would imagine that if one were to re-upload it to the Workshop, one would first need to rename it to get rid of those problematic quotation marks. Either that, or one could upload to some place like planet-explorers-isos.

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Loud Noise "303" (sword) by Corsiy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:11:02 AM »

I couldn't locate the item on the ingame workshop, but I did manage to find the file for you..

This ISO is from 2014, and I can't really comfirm if the issue you're facing is related to the name, but it may be possible. A dev would have to comfirm that..

Here is the vciso but I do not encourage and am infact oppositional to people re-uploading other people's work. You'll need to rename the file and place it in your Documents/PlanetExplorers/VoxelCreationData/Isos/Download folder. (renaming and placing in the downloads folder is option. you can place it in any folder in the Isos folder)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:49:40 AM by Luminaire »

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »

I couldn't locate the item on the ingame workshop, but I did manage to find the file for you..

Weird. Did you browse through 18 pages of the Swords, or do a search? (Apparently, search is kind of broken.)

Here is the vciso...

Hey, thank you!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:13:59 PM by Thundercraft »

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »

The ingame browser still needs a lot of work to be functional... It's difficult to find anything without running into a point it decides to give up browsing altogether, even after restarting PE, so no. I wasn't able to look through all the pages. It may be there somewhere...