Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: Creation show off and ISO trading thread of so awesome!  (Read 186604 times)

cowboygeeker

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone made any weapons yet?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »

By Grabthar's hammer I shall Avenge you.

I thought about what soemone said to have the hilt as a lone entity, but then I decided to cover it up and build it into the hammer, I have saved my hilt as a template to start there from now on.

kenwu1992

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

By Grabthar's hammer I shall Avenge you.

I thought about what someone said to have the hilt as a lone entity, but then I decided to cover it up and build it into the hammer, I have saved my hilt as a template to start there from now on.
2st Jan:
After seeing this hammer, i decided to make a stone weapon with high damage output(because stone can be easily found and i can observe the pattern related to damage).

I made a large stone hammer, a large stone battleaxe, a large stone sword and found out large weapon use up a lot of stones so i started to make some lighter one. Using the stone hilt to higher the basic damage and trying for a period of time, i found some pattern and made a stone saber as a prototype.

It uses lesser stones but still powerful.

3rd Jan:
I may have figured out how to build up the attack and damage. Again, using stone hilt and stones, a stone sword(i can't think a good name for it) is made with a attack higher than an iron sword(120).

It uses more stones than the saber but it has twice attack of the saber.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:28:54 AM by kenwu1992 »

killk1942

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »

Hey guys~ Check out my new car~

Can't wait to ride it~~ ;D ;D~ Looking forward to the next version of the game~~

Michael

• Colonist
  • In Love and Survival, everything is allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »

Yeah, that's awesome even with no paint :D

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »

Can't wait to ride it~~ ;D ;D~ Looking forward to the next version of the game~~

Hey killk, do you think the color cost is reasonable now?

melon_commander

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »

I made this  :D The editor is really simple and incredibly powerful, wouldn't mind seeing a few more prefab-y bits though, scopes, bolt-actions etc.

killk1942

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »

Hey killk, do you think the color cost is reasonable now?

Yeah~the price is great~.But number of pigment in the shop is a bit less..if player can make pigment it'll solve the problem...
It's my bad If already can be made by player. I always stuck in mission,so i can't reach so far to get pigment script....
(sorry for my bad english...)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yesterday i made a gun(coloured),and buy the pigment and exported and i found the pigment did not be used...Is this a bug ? or i have completly misunderstanding how the pigment works.......Oh god i thought pigment is consumables....What a shame..Sorry to bother you guys so long for pigment.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:36:34 AM by killk1942 »

killk1942

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »

I have an idea. I want player can change material when have isos.Like select a part of weapon and can change the material in selection...It's convenient when players exchange something in future.The goodthing is we can use any material to build weapon iso,and we will not  worry for weapons material when we export it.And when we exchange or trade with other players,we can build it with materials we have or other player requested or Provided.It also make the iso awlays useful,avoid the situation that the Common materials isos are useless when player face stronger enemy,and the rare materials isos requires long long time of game...  The badthing is reduce Rarity of isos.          It's just an idea.....

And a new sword ~ show my respect ~~
(sorry for my bad english)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:52:42 AM by killk1942 »

Michael

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »

Just make it with wood weels, Medium brown energy output engine (the one you get from the martian guy at the Martian camp with a chinese name), and you are good to go ! The turret, flashlights (which btw don't make any light  in game  :-\ ) and the rest, all materials up and including aluminium are in game already :D I'm riding some car, but made no pics yet. It has 5 Rapid Fire turrets mounted in a way so I can fire all directions with them.

Your car has a problem, that the roof is right in front of the turret, so you may have some issues firing with it. You have to think that the bullet goes straight, and if it his something, including your car, it will stop there.

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »

The lights need to be turned on by pressing l, I think....

We're gonna put that on the ui.

Michael

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »

Correct, "L" is the button for flash lights, YAY it looks nice :D Especially in storms and those damn dark nights.

I like how they don't use energy, because afterall, flash lights can even work on small batteries, they are insignificant for the energy output of an engine.

My 2nd car attempt (I prefer not using paint for now), the first one had the cockpit well protected and covered behind bars, but it doesn't really protect me inside the car, so it's better the open way so that the turrets can fire properly, even a target that is sticked to the car.

In garage:

In game:

Yes, the guys in the background are the aliens, in a different area than their alien camp. I used them as test subjects, spinning around them at full speed and firing laterally like in the image. If I was in combat, you'd seen the wheel trails around the dead alien :D

I already have the idea for an improved car. But I'm thinking of waiting for 0.51 that was said to be released between yesterday and today (no hurry, don't worry) , to see if I get new components for the cars from fixes and next parts of the story.

PS: The images are 1080p, so you may need to use the lower movement bar, at the bottom of my post to move the post laterally and see all parts of the images.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:56:48 PM by Michael »

killk1942

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »

Just make it with wood weels, Medium brown energy output engine (the one you get from the martian guy at the Martian camp with a chinese name), and you are good to go ! The turret, flashlights (which btw don't make any light  in game  :-\ ) and the rest, all materials up and including aluminium are in game already :D I'm riding some car, but made no pics yet. It has 5 Rapid Fire turrets mounted in a way so I can fire all directions with them.

Your car has a problem, that the roof is right in front of the turret, so you may have some issues firing with it. You have to think that the bullet goes straight, and if it his something, including your car, it will stop there.

Thank you for reminding me. I am driving it now~~,you are very sharp friend~  I built it only for travel.i put a gun turret on top of the(gas tank?picnic basket?or something like that behind the car.) let it look cool .i did'nt consider the reasonableness. but it's still a good test subject.i put an arrow turret on the top,and It seems to work fine(i didn't find gun turret yet) but i stuck because of the front guard bar...As the picture below shown~ this car can not pass through a shoal ditch...

so i build a new one,but not finish yet,this car will be armed~~~

Thanks again for reminding me.I'll run more test on that car~~ 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:52:07 AM by killk1942 »

killk1942

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 02:27:50 AM »

a new car named "fat boy"~

:P ;D

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »

I'm beginning to think we need to rethink the balance of these engine, you guys are carrying way too many guns. haha

Maybe make you having to load the bullets.

Michael

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »

I like balance, and that is not funny. Barely no one even used turrets, and anyway the martian guy only gives 10 pieces of both types, but you can't even use 1/4 of them.

The "fat boy" car uses the High output engine, with 18k Energy output it's best that exists and not available in the game yet. The mid output engine given at the engine test mission (2nd best engine with 6 times less energy output than the High engine) is not enough for even 1 single Type 2 turret/cannon, it uses more energy than the engine gives (it technically uses 3200 same as the engine output, but wheels and everything else use energy as well). These small turrets are just... small, so it can go with max 5 of them on the MID output engine, 2nd best, and that because I sacrificed everything else to keep energy for turrets.  You also have to work up for the car and it's pieces more than anything else, so by reasonable balance, what's harder to get, is better. A full/confirmed hit of all 5 turrets makes less damage than my steel sword in a single hit, the good part at them is that they fire faster. While the big type 2 cannon consumes 6 times more energy, but makes nearly 3 times less damage/second than the small turret. THIS is what I see a balance problem, the small turrets can't make less damage, they already damage a fraction of what a sword does (100 less attack than a steel sword with 128 attack), but the big bad cannon yes can make more damage than that, counting it costs nearly 200 meat, it only works on the top High output engine, and fires rarely, once at 2 seconds. (so you better NOT miss xD)

So the balance so far has other weak points than the number of turrets, like the body armors. The highest seen in the story is hunter/animal-skin armor and bronze armor, where the shield and sword go up to Steel and guns, and the car goes up to wood wheels... :P It's like being in the cave age and beyond iron age (steel age) at once. Where the aliens are just at the edge of the Iron age, supposedly. Their cannon looked more like Modern age :D

Weapons reloading can work ok, whenever there is the option of having more cockpits for your "team", the other 2 guys, so that they reload the turrets when needed (maybe firing from the car as well, if they are armed with bows/guns :D ). And using the current skill system, they could be able, by practice, to learn a certain skill that makes them reload faster. Right now, the pilot cannot drive the car and reload at once, it's nonsense. But if it's hand reloaded, then they shouldn't use energy at all :P

@killk1942:  The arrow and cannon bases work fine because they fire upwards (a bit), and the projectile falls down. The machine guns fire straight forward to the target.
 Both working just like in real life, use some common sense or observation as you can see trails of the bullets/projectiles path, and the direction to which the turret fires ^^

Anyway thx for making exagerated unusable (in game) cars to scare the devs. Btw at the fat boy, there is a turret right in yo face. The one in front of the cockpit :D
 And it's not fat, you still used the Small-Vehicle method. Fat boys are in the large vehicle build.

Edit: What do you think of my Diamond Weapons Platform ?

Use this bar here to move left and right.
_________
              |
             \/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:25:10 AM by Michael »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52