Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Space Engineers  (Read 2039 times)

Silentone98

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Space Engineers
« on: June 10, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

This game doesn't cease to disappoint me.
Basically, you can play singleplayer... but whats the point?

No, multiplayer is where it is at for that game.
So I can't connect to any other server or player without massive lag.
I can host, and on a fresh created world- no one lags.

give it 1 or 2 days and my server now lags and I have people leaving due to it...(But up side is I don't lag most the time as host, and its light when I do)
mind you, this is AFTER cleaning up all noob ships that arnt being used and deleting.. well every last bit that isn't nessessary. Cleanup clears out some of the lag for my clients, but not enough.

so yea.... so disappointed with this game, even with outside tools I couldn't fix my game world. This is the third online world I may end up trashing.
From everything I understand, it's really bad code.
So I suggest everyone stay away from this one for awhile.. and if you have it, stick to hosting or shelf the game for awhile until these issues are fixed.

thakyZ

• Enlistee
  • We are kittens, we are space kittens!
    • View Profile
    • Void Inc.
Re: Space Engineers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:05:19 PM »

Try out StarMade it is better than Space Engineers because it is not just a crash simulator... And has a better custom ship loading... only down side is less quality of graphics (kind of like minecraft)
We are kittens, we are space kittens!

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »

Space engineers is just a Ship Crashing game with nothing else going for it.  Literally the best review was "I flew a p**** shaped ship into a v***** shaped base.  Best game ever."   When that's the best review for a game...  you know its not all that good.   
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

LimeyRon

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »

Thanks for the warning. This game was on my shopping list and I hadn't really looked into it, aside from watching a couple of vids. It looks interesting but so do a lot of other games that turn out to be crap. StarMade is also on my shopping list so I would have been pissed if I bought the wrong one  >:(

Liquidacid23

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »

It's kind of sad... I mean if this game only had some story, enemies or whatnot it could be a lot of fun

I built some awesome looking and flying ships... but there is just literally nothing to do with them except crash them into other awesome ships I built and that gets boring pretty fast

Silentone98

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 12:22:55 AM »

that's... mostly true

I get some of my best kicks from watching 'noob ship rammers" join my world, and get all pissy because my turrets take them out before they can get me.

No one griefs my world tho. If theres any noob ship rammers that actually succeed in breaking anything, their damage gets rollbacked. At worst, my clients only see about 5-10 minutes of time lost whenever it happens.

As to there being nothing to do... I feel it pretty empty and without activity to. You build a base, you mine, and you defend against griefers... that's about it.
yet that's minecraft in a nutshell and it was vastly popular... go figure.

Nimsosim

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 02:18:32 AM »

I have space engineers its pretty cool. But yes once you build certain things it lags. If they can fix all the lag issues it would be a whole lot better.
The true 3D aspect of space has always been a unique experience being able to travel in any direction in simulated space is just fun.
Also they should add a lot more parts and block shapes

Kane Hart

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »

Games beyond fun. Lot of bad players that don't understand concept of the type of game nor its Alpha. I also don't see any other A AA or AAA putting as much content each week like they are.
Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new