My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My protoss colony  (Read 8878 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: The start of my protoss colony
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »

Very nice.  Also, it seem as though you need a trophy of that silly dumb little fellow who's poking his head up your floor.
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Marauder

• Citizen
  • ..And so it Begins....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »

Lol. Very cool. Even the uninvited guest. You do realize the last part of your house guest name ends in Hor right? Haha

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »

that wouldve been mint to all of sudden post a maris head trophy after seeing that lol i shouldve thought of that. i almost let that thing live too as i felt bad killing something so stupid looking but ive been trying hard to wear out this stromberg upgraded 3x to move onto that sick rifle icarus made and its just wont wear out. Think im close to 100 kills now and its still 1200 out of 1600 durability cant believe how much damage and durability it gets when enhanced, its well worth the aluminum thats for sure. That enhance machine is really great ...maybe even a little too great when it comes to enhancing a gun with 4 barrels. Think it was a 600 damage increase for its first 10 minute upgrade and it only cost 30 aluminum. I think it could be toned down a bit what happens when this gun hits a player or vehicle in pvp lol. i could out damage a tank with 3 controlled turrets with a rifle with 3 enhancements done to it. Oh and your right mara i didnt even realize that lol.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:49:15 PM by badmanticore »

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »

Got some more screens sry ive been messing around in the editor allot lately. Got some more nexus upgrades from isoplanet ty gentlemen. Also got some of my personal quarters in the nexus started. Plus some more robo bay upgrades, its really starting to look like a legit robo lab inside. need some stuff hanging from the ceiling though i think. I've been considering try to make a protoss probe statue but that might be too hard for me to do. i would also like to say beep beep to you quint... beep beep indeed.

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »

Woohoo a cortana every sci fi games needs a good ai side kick and lets face it shes the best.

Oh this is not the high res cortana i had intended to use i had way too many problems trying to sculpt her and even this more pixelated one was a headache to make. Sculpting human forms is no easy task. This cortana is more 2d then i would like also but again making her smooth and rounded (bodacious lol) is exceedingly hard to do. Ill get it down though and make that high res cortana at some point.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:55:27 AM by badmanticore »

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »

No one can blame you.

Now you can work on making a standing suit of armor bwhaahah!

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

i wish thatd be a nice piece of furniture. Oh got you a couple zenith blades to check out ill isoplanet em but heres a sneak peek. .
Ive i got one more i might make. Oh also not a single nice image of her legit gold and red sword i even check deviant art. i was only able to find a few profile images for this weapon. I may be able to craft a legit one from scratch too but even then the color wont be right so meh. Its also a very simple sword, no million edges on it like that soul calibur so getting a huge damage out of it isnt gonna happen i dont think. But its simple, sweet and with a few enhancements on it itll kill all the same. Shine sun! Shine... for malus! Oh also malus your the dark lord wouldnt you want whats her tits weapon? diana or whatever that one assassin tank kinda chick?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:43:44 PM by badmanticore »

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »

Diana can go die in a pit!

All i wanted was my high Detail Zenith blades and shields!

We'll have to see how it looks in game.

I do like the first one you postd, but it seems like the sword is lacking its golden edge on a lot of the burgandy center. 

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »

LOL! yea i never really liked her either. I think only one of my 5 friends that played would even touch her. Yes it is the purple and the style of the sword was done by a mrbean17, i think the guys name was, it doesnt look bad or anything but the red center i would agree does look better and more of the gold color on the edge would be nicer also. when he colored it he clearly put the light source above it so his shading are on the bottom side of things and since the blade becomes slender in the middle it needed to be shaded i suppose. Your also right about how it will look in game with a shadow effect like that, as light sources are not directly above the weapon 24/7,  ill take a look and grab a screen for you.

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »

They look pretty good the purple one yea i might actually smear some more paint on. the lighter side should actually be the hilt with the way it sits on a character most of the time.. when i edited it i just sampled paint and pulled it way from the blade but i could sample the top gold and just use that and it may even give it a golden gleam on its edge maybe. The silver actually turned out pretty good the light source is pretty well perfect making the shadows look proper.

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »

Lightened the edges and the hilt a bit. It did give it a nicer golden edge but that purple yea im not sure if i can replace it. Probably 20 different shades of purple in that id have to try make custom reds for and i dont think im that good of a painter. I could try i suppose but i cannot promise it will be nice lol. Mr beans painting is probably better then mine by allot.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »

It looks way better.  Just needs a Dark red/burgendy int eh middle now ;)

But its coming along.  Have fun with the Shield too Bwhahahahah! 

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »

I seen that shield its amazing but hola yea.. even if you just decal that thing your in for some work. I did get some profile images of it though and i will attempt it to go with these swords just because its a really nice shield. id wear it over anything on isoplanet right now and have you seen the dark slayer shield... very nice item.

badmanticore

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 07:27:02 PM »

alright so you think this is better or worse? This is also only 4 shades of red. I tried to give some more depth to the blade also while changing the color.

This is also hardly mrbeans weapon either at this point lol.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:28:56 PM by badmanticore »

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »

That sword is perfectly done!  Perfect color!  I still prefer my old one because I made it without needing decals, but that one is perfectly for not having access to the powers of decal!  Bravo Bravo!

I am sold on it.  Now, I personally am working on trying to get a good set of images to work with to make another sword... I wont' tell who's sword it is.  but its perty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3