Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to make a simple and better ISO  (Read 33060 times)

matthuas

• Colonist
    • View Profile
How to make a simple and better ISO
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »

I am trying to make this tutorial in English, if there is something you do not understand, you can ask me questions, I will try to explain as best as I can.also I request someone to help me arrange it with the right grammar.
1.Basics
    1-1.Depth

To select more depth, hold down the left mouse button hit the "+" Key. Selected depth will be displayed on the rightside. (Figure red circle)

1-2.increasing the selected surface

If you want to increase the number of selected surfaces, Hold the "SHIFT" key, and then select your desired surfaces.

1-3.Removal of the selected surface
If you want to Removal certain surfaces, Hold the "Alt" key, and then select your desired surface.

1-4.Cross selecting

While holding down the Ctrl key any selections that are made that cross over or overlap other selections will deselect the point of intersection.
  1-5.Voxel Manipulation/selection Manipulation

Select a voxel (or many Voxels), when you press the corresponding key, it will generate a new voxel parallel to the selected voxel.

Direction                                     Front        Behind     Left       Right     Up           Down
Hold “Shift” and Press“key”               UP      DOWN            Left         Right     Space   Alt

1-6. Mirroring
  Function keys in the lower right corner (Figure in the red circle)

I use pictures to explain their different
Z

X

Y

X-link-Y

X-link-Z

Y-link-Z

X-Y-Z

It should be noted that the following two images corresponding to the mirror effect is different.

1-7.Feathering
I will not explain in detail the effects of feathering in this part.

Instead I will Show how to use this feature in actual examples.
Function keys in the lower rightside (red circle in the figure)

1-8.Creating New Material

Adjusting Emissive Color: the lighter the color the more luminous the texture becomes (black means that the texture will not light up at night)

Bump: means normal mapping or "Dot3 bump mapping", is a technique used for faking the lighting of bumps and dents - an implementation of Bump mapping.
Its visual effects are shown in this picture.

The picture path address bar must be filled in correctly. Example:”d:/123/1234.jpg”

Tools: search the” Crazy Bump”

1-9.Paint
I do not have any concept of art; I hope someone can supplement this part

2.Use
  2-1 Replacing materials
  For example, I have acquired an iso which is a beautiful sword, but the creator used wood materials to make it. So I can use the 1-2 selection method, increasing the depth and select the entire sword, then replaced the materials with diamond.

2-2. extruding
How to link two objects together in the pic

The answer is to select the entire surface layer you want to extrude and extrude away from the selected layer. Ref: Picture above and bellow

When you deal with an irregular shape
Select it; extrude it, until you reach the destination you want.

2-3.Empty inside
When we create vehicles, aircraft and such, if the model is not emptied, then the model will be very heavy, thus affecting the probability of the object moving.
How to empty an irregular object? The answer is to use the mirror affect.
For example:
Open mirroring and raise the Reference plane 3 grid levels up reference yellow circle in picture below. Make an irregular oval.

Then turn off the mirror, lower reference plane down 3 levels and make another oval engulfing the first object. Note the red circle in the upper and lower pictures.

Then open the mirror, select the smaller oval a delete it entirely. Ref: picture below

Now you can see the emptiness inside.

Explanation of why you have to increase the reference plane, 3 grid levels up.
Referring to bottom diagram, red and blue is a surface; pink and light blue is the number of grids zones that is needed to accomplish this surface.
The surface, at its widest place of grid occupation occupies 3 grids zone distances. If the red surface moved upward one space, it will overlap the blue surface grid zone, and then the blue will be unable to connect a line.

2-4Use mirroring to move objects
As shown, the black box is the size of creating space; the green part is already done,
Yellow is the need to build. How to do this?

The answer is to make the oval on sides, and then cut off the unwanted parts. Moving mirror axis let the object moved to the position where you want. blue line is the Mirror axis, the red part is the Initial object, the light blue is the objects after mirroring. If you still cannot understand how to move these objects, read the part of "1-2", mirroring function described in the part of "1-3"

Leave a question for you, I made the front and rear positions reversed, how to restore it?

2-5.Using Feathering
This feature is the most useful, but it is also the most difficult to master.
This form of feathering makes the model area appear smoother, the simple explanation is: feathering lets the edge of the voxels selected to soften, it helps the selected area to soften, with the surrounding voxels
For examples
Make a hollow cylinder, and smooth interior

Make the blade

Make the cant(Mainly used in the two intersecting slope)

Make a hollow oval

Practice makes perfect. Not one or two examples will be able to let you figure it out

3.Size, Cut, Analyze
Complex models are always constructed from many simpler models.
Learn to analyze the components.
For example, look at this picture, I will break it down, so you’ll know how simple it is to make.

Cutting out the red part

then assembled.

In fact, you will meet a lot of combinations in your working, so you have to understand its composition, as the following figure, cut off the red part (2 round), leaving the yellow part.

Thank you for everyone,have fun!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:03:46 AM by matthuas »

Pastaga

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a simple and better ISO
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »

Very nice work Matt  8)

Zahinder

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »

I'm kicking myself for not thinking of some of those mirror tricks. Amusingly enough, I was more able to figure out feathering tricks. ;)

Thank you!

Cyrusblaze

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »

Excellent work! The use of mirroring to hollow out something is ingenious! As are many of the other techniques you listed!

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »

Very good tutorial I didn't know a lot of this tricks. Extruding inner material by using mirroring is really something. If I used it I could saved a lot of time. I'm sad that the inner  isn't the same form than the deleted oval.

Experienced some funny thing with Feahtering.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/237870/screenshots/?p=1&browsefilter=mostrecent#scrollTop=876
or cylinder who exploded

Zahinder

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »

I was FINALLY able to make a decent-looking sword using these tips!

To whit:
Started with a long squashed sphere, cut the back half and use select/add to 'pull' it into the main part of the blade. Then select one 'surface' of the blade and delete it, essentially shaving down one side of the blade.

You end up with something with a wide tip... THEN you can select the blade slightly to one side and then use mirroring (remember you can change mirror planes to .5 increments, which can be very useful for this).
If you want to make a blade with one curved edge and one straight, easy. Otherwise, a little more mirroring to line up the blade, and voila'!

It ended up looking a lot like a gladius -- I might try to recreate one (mainly a matter of creating a new hilt)

matthuas

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 02:45:19 AM »

LOOK,These are the Feather of the cases

matthuas

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:54:44 AM »

Some effects are not able to made it,if you have the enough patiention to be able to make

The spherical ring also can made it, but needs a lot of work feathering.

Who can make it for the easy way?

Marauder

• Citizen
  • ..And so it Begins....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »

Nice job. Thanks for taking the time.

Lt_Karnage

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »

@matthuas Thanks to share your knowledge. It was instructive.

Nimsosim

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 10:09:14 PM »

Very helpful

turilas

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »

Thanks to this i was able complete caladbolg from ffx :D

Armitige

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

Excellent tips, the use of mirror to delete interiors of irregular shapes is inspired.

ailes123

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 04:09:42 AM »

nicely done, it will get better if we have a video explain tho  ;)

Tchey

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »

It's very interesting, and at the same time, i simply hope they will add the option to do empty form. Select the shape (sphere, bloc...), select the size of the "shell", and let's go.
Pages: [1] 2