Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 4251 times)

Syrrhaptes Paradoxus

• Colonist
  • Care Bear MEGA FLARE!
    • View Profile
Re: Ender's Game
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

Well, for one the movie seems to neglect the entire conflict in ender and replace it with the desire to please an aging harrison ford and look possibly cool in the process. Also, the whole other side of the book, Val's and Peter's story seem to be omitted as well. I doubt they'll put in Bean, at least not as he is in the book, that'd be too much feels for an action flick.

Edit: Besides, they are going to leave out all the things that would make the audience think (Can't have someone perk up and think during a movie! What a ridiculous idea!), so no "Remember, the enemies gate is down!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:27:37 PM by Syrrhaptes Paradoxus »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a spidercrab.

Solitus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:53 PM »

I refuse to see this movie; I loved all 8 books of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow; but I don't see how you can successfully pull this off in a movie format.

Troophead

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 04:10:03 AM »

I just don't understand how they can do an Ender's Game movie. They have to change so many things...

[spoiler]Like they have to change Ender killing two students (the one in the beginning and the one in the showers). Heck, can they even do the shower fight scene considering how hard it would be to cover up the naughty bits? I mean, it's not like these were even minor plot points but major ones (the first death got Ender into the Battle School, the second one transferred him into Command School early). There are multiple other moments they would have to change as well. If they're also combining Ender's Shadow into this movie...I don't see how they can do so many of the plot points without significantly changing them.[/spoiler]

I could see a well-done European version of this movie but I just can't see a Hollywood one being the same thing.

Nothing you didn't see in The Hunger Games.
Pages: 1 [2]