Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Malus's Sword Emporium[marked]  (Read 68712 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Malus's Sword Emporium[marked]
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »

This thread is simple.   Post a type of sword you want, any special notes and such or an image.  I will work on replicating it for you.  It doesn't need to be specifically a sword ((Spears, scythes, Sickles, etc etc.)) work too.  Just no Guns or Vehicles.  Mainly because I suck at those.   I also want a good looking vehicle I can use with my wooden Wheels =(.

So...

Regretfully, I am deleting all my old commissions.  There is just so much new stuff I can do and I want to explore that.  That Said, I am still taking commissions!

------Requesting a Project-----
I like having some knowledge of basis when I start working on weapons and such. 

Material Type - Please tell me what base material you want and such.  In the case of a weapon that has wooden parts ((like a Naginata or Spear)) I will do a special secret Recipe I learned from an old witch doctor to fuse wood and your material together in a beautiful symphony of power and beauty!

Attack Requirements? - If you have a specific attack requirement because you want this to be usefull, please let me know.  If it's impossible I will let you know that it is impossible beforehand. 

Reference Picture - PLEASE!  Please give me reference material to work with.  It makes my job 10x easier.   

Cosmetic or Practical - Tell me if the weapon's purpose is PURELY cosmetic, or a Practical weapon with cosmetic looks ((Like my Darius Battle Axe or Rapier)) or a Purely Cosmetic Weapon ((Like my Sunflower I'm too ashamed to show.))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:38:39 AM by Dorist1 »
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Dothackking

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: Malus's Sword Emporium
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »

If youre bored i would love a steel based longsword.    i love unique yet practical swords.

Something like this  http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2010/07/lust_after_this_new_monster_hunter_3_longsword/attachment/0/large.jpg

Pardon tge typos and formatting, i am on my cell phone.  realistic metal colors or fantasy colors both work just fine.

Perchance when the game goes live people can pay you on x server.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

Nay...  This is my free service!   Making Fancy and practical weapons with superior stats to non custom ones, without doing stupid OP BS like I did with my Morning Glory ((Still no one has topped over 300 dmg on a weapon in .53 with only 10 aluminum cost ;) ))

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »

Okay, heres my first attempt!  What do you think?

I can't really get those detailed Handle paints as easily since the paint tool is VERY wide and doesn't allow for detail painting on small object.   Because of this, I can only do semi detailed shapes ((The lack of a pointed tool also makes it hard.))  So, forgive me for the lack of detail on some parts.   However, I think I nailed the blade pretty decently.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:18:08 AM by Malus Tepes »

Dothackking

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:53 AM »

Hilt looks awesome   blade looks pretty dang nice too.   is that steel?  not at pc yet

Also, the paint is kind of weird on the lower part.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:29:08 AM by Dothackking »

mattig89ch

• Citizen
  • Sharp as a marble! Black as a Marshmallow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 02:36:48 AM »

if your really taking commissions I have a wooden hilt, and 12 marble.  I'm aiming for a sword in the 50's attack area, theres a challenge for you.

Edit: I want the blade to be no longer then the torso as well
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:49:04 AM by mattig89ch »
"The internet is for ore, The internet is for ore
Grab your pick and double click for ore, ore ore" -Hat films

Dothackking

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:39:29 AM »

if your really taking commissions I have a wooden hilt, and 12 marble.  I'm aiming for a sword in the 50's attack area, theres a challenge for you.

Phew, good luck with that!  I made a GIANT greatsword that had about 30 attack with wood hilt + marble.

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »

Phew, good luck with that!  I made a GIANT greatsword that had about 30 attack with wood hilt + marble.

hence the commission.

oh! no dyes.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:44 AM »

Hilt looks awesome   blade looks pretty dang nice too.   is that steel?  not at pc yet

Also, the paint is kind of weird on the lower part.
It is steel.  When you mean the base, do you mean the Base of the Blade? It is a mixture of Dyes and paints.  I wanted to mimic the effect on the original blade to some degree.  I should have went up a little bit higher and blended it into the Light Blue a little better... But the Light Blue dye looks green which is a pain since the paint is so bright in comparison.

I'm working on the Wood sword now.

Also, by no bigger than the hilt?  You mean like it can't be any taller than that?  Also, are you asking for a Technical Marble Power House that's tiny like a Pocket Knife?   Because, if you want specific stats with those conditions, i'll have to forgo Fancy outlook for raw practical power ((What I did with my sexy mace.))

Dothackking

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 03:36:10 AM »

Post up the iso when the sword is done :)  I'm making a gun to tide me over for now.

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 03:55:21 AM »

oh I meant to type no bigger then the torso.  And I don't care about looks, so long as it works.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:50 AM »

oh I meant to type no bigger then the torso.  And I don't care about looks, so long as it works.

So... Don't go super wide?   Or not super big.   Explain a little better.   I get I have a 12 marble limit with wooden hilt.   So i can do that.  So, do I have 100% free reign on how I design it with this?   Because, I'm thinking of a Small Close Range Power Weapon TBH.

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 04:37:27 AM »

So... Don't go super wide?   Or not super big.   Explain a little better.   I get I have a 12 marble limit with wooden hilt.   So i can do that.  So, do I have 100% free reign on how I design it with this?   Because, I'm thinking of a Small Close Range Power Weapon TBH.

you and me both.  A sword would be very nice but not necessary....I'm thinking about trying to do a spear...So long as its not taller then me, and so wide that it sticks through me in the world I'm happy, no matter what it is.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:15 AM »

How about, I surprise you.  I mean REALLY surprise you . It will be done in 1 hour.

Toastfinder

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 04:42:50 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing a new standard for blade tips from this thread Malus, mine are looking exactly the same as all of your's and it's definitely ugly, making me rage and want to avoid traditional blade styles :p
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20