Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: My Friend and i simply cannot connect to each other.  (Read 2291 times)

AkumaSlayR

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
My Friend and i simply cannot connect to each other.
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:18:05 PM »

As stated above, we simply cannot connect to each other. We do not see the same servers, however we see each other's server. We tried it over Tunngle and normally over internet, but both just give us the "Waiting for connection." and then the "ConnectionFailed." Message. We both have a straight tunnel over tunngle, which means we usually can play other games together just fine. However, this one just doesnt seem to work. I even forwarded the ports that the multiplayer said i should; UDP 9900-9915, TCP 8800-8815

Any idea or advice that could help?

PS: We also tried joining a public server, but they all seem bugged out either for me or for him.

Voqar

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: My Friend and i simply cannot connect to each other.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »

Double check your port setup.  I fat fingered mine and we had failed connections til I noticed and fixed that.  Perhaps also make sure no firewall is blocking.

AkumaSlayR

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »

Firewalls are both checked, we tried to not do the whole port forwarding thingy for my friend, since his dad doesnt like stuff like that, and he is afraid that anything bad could happen because of that forwarding. I always thought only the host has to forward the ports, though.

Gobbra

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »

I believe you set up the ports wrong, it is supposed to be 9900-9915 TCP/UDP and 8888-8903 TCP.

AkumaSlayR

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »

Well, the ingame notification says otherwise, but i'll give it a try anyway.

Edit : As i thought, changing to these ports does nothing different. He still gets the connection failed message.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:47:03 PM by AkumaSlayR »

AkumaSlayR

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 08:16:46 PM »

Have tried anything now, from other ports, to all ports on both pc's, and even over another VPN like Tunngle, but nothing seems to work. We mangaged to get onto a public server, but either my game is completely bugged as to i am not spawning but am instead in the ocean, unable to move, or he has any sort of bug.

Is there anything we are missing? Or is the multiplayer simply that bugged at this stage?

Ch1lly

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »

No, it's certainly not bugged in the way you're describing. I'd suggest everyone (especially the host) completely reinstalls the game. I had issues hosting a server before I did this, looks like some files were corrupt.

If ports have been forwarded, firewalls have exceptions, then I'd check the anti-virus as well. They sometimes have a shield that can mess with things like this.

AkumaSlayR

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »

Well, tried everything, still doesnt work. Dunno why, though. Makes absolutely no sense.