My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Map Markers  (Read 964 times)

Angela Stone

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Map Markers
« on: February 09, 2014, 05:31:25 PM »

>:(
  Make map markers sticky only to the current game running, not useless carryover from multiplayer to single player.  I keep thinking there are usable locations when they do not exist on my map. 
  The markers change icons intermittently and do not stay as placed.  Make fast travel to placed markers possible in single player please.  Any way to show the terrain structure on the map would be helpful once discovered.  Even general area type would be helpful, grassland, mountain, water, etc.

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Map Markers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

They do have the satellite view for the map the problem is the adventure mode map is infinite, so cutting/pasting that detailed view where you have been would blow up memory.  In story mode they just changed from a raster map to a vector map, but that map is designed by hand and not randomly generated like adventure.

Maybe they could merge the view of the world you get in the mining scanner with its 3D topogrid as a better map view and do that as vectors. Then I would not even need to use mine markers - which are rather useless because the marker resolution is per cell.

I did get flung somewhere else with adventure mode teleport that would be a bug.   I thought you could travel to map markers in story mode though is it just base travel?