Pathea Official Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Alpha 0.8 Released!

Author Topic: where to find iron?  (Read 1752 times)

nyakahime

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
where to find iron?
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »

I reched Chen Zhen near the crater and he said it's full of iron and copper ore. I digged and digged... Now I have like >100 copper ore and NO iron ore. I can't complete this quest :(

Micomicona

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: where to find iron?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:03:44 AM »

Iron is the black substance in the crater;  if you remember the little hillock in the middle of the crater, there are huge iron deposits to your left (not directly left, in front and behind you left), if you stand on said hillock and look towards the outside of the crater.

If you're having trouble, a very small distance away from the crater you should see surface deposits of copper and iron in the dirt.  Silver too.

nyakahime

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »

Thank you. It's just I thought that the iron should be IN the crater. As for the little hillock I kinda... leveled it to the ground :D

Micomicona

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »

Me too;  that's where you got your initial copper I guess?  at this point my crater is a rather deep pit;  had to carve out stairs to get out last time. :3

Um, to be clear, the little spots of copper/iron/silver just outside the crater is a second deposit;  there IS iron in that crater, just along the bottom part, not in the hillock you mined out.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:13:49 AM by Micomicona »

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

The deposits are generally huge deposits underground with a bit showing on the surface.   The iron was more to the sides of the crater.  Can't give you any landmarks since I kinda dug them up :P  But the hole I left for Iron was just as big as that for copper.    I no longer have a hill, I have a huge bowl shaped crater, and I think there is more outside the crater to dig out.

taiiat

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »

i have yet to dig the actual impact crater myself. the scatterfield to the side of the crater is like a bottomless pit of "help me i can't stop mining there's so many resources here". you should be able to see it easily near the crater, there will be splotches of dark blue / gray mixed in with the grass, etc. there is iron, copper, and silver to be found is mass abundance there. mining out that scatterfield has only resulted in me walking on a floor made of solid ores while mining out ores on one height level.
and repeating thusly. just ore down and down and down. in random directions though, to the dismay of my OCD :(
Steam - taiiat

mattig89ch

• Citizen
  • Sharp as a marble! Black as a Marshmallow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 05:58:50 AM »

Do you want me to post a screenshot of what iron looks like?
"The internet is for ore, The internet is for ore
Grab your pick and double click for ore, ore ore" -Hat films

TheCrankyOldGamer

• Settler
  • I run a blog, The Cranky Old Gamer
    • View Profile
    • The Cranky Old Gamer
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »

Where is this silver everyone's talking about?  I've found fields and fields of iron by the meteorite, but not a single iota of silver.
Check out my blog, youtube, facebook and twitter, because I'm a shamelessly self-promoting attention whore!

qlum

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »

I personally found the iron color rather confusing as most iron ores are actually more like copper ore looks in the game. and copper well native copper looks a bit like that but most copper mined either looks goldish or a bit like the iron ore in game. For realism switching the two around would be more accurate.

MrsCrimson

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »

Where is this silver everyone's talking about?  I've found fields and fields of iron by the meteorite, but not a single iota of silver.
Silver is mixed in with the scattered small deposits of iron/copper on the one outer side of the main crater "hole," as well as down deep (also mixed bits) under the Rock Formation. So there's no big "silver deposit" spot. Just gotta strip mine everything and you'll hit some, at least with the bronze/iron pickaxes. It does have a certain wall-stone look, but it's not super obvious until you learn to recognize it/look for it, especially since it tends to just show up in bits.