Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Is it just me, or are the Iron Tools the most efficient?  (Read 174 times)

mickenzyjoela

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Is it just me, or are the Iron Tools the most efficient?
« on: February 03, 2019, 09:05:27 PM »

I know as per stats Gold and above pickaxe/axe/shovel are supposed to be upgrades but they're so slow it feels like I'm back to the copper tier. DPS-wise, so to speak, are Gold and above really better tools??

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me, or are the Iron Tools the most efficient?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:15:32 AM »

Iron used to be overpowered for its level, and may not have been changed.  It is, however, not as good as diamond or energy.  It may be better than Gold, but Gold may have better rare resource drops to make up for the slower swing.

I haven't really done any kind of comparison lately.  Those statistics gurus may not be active.  If you think iron is still a better tool, it is certainly easier to acquire and skill up to use, so I will almost certainly make it a stop on leveling up tools... probably skipping bronze, gold, and diamond, and going straight from wood, to iron, to energy (unless I happen to pick up a random tool in a dungeon).  I rarely make tools in any case.  I will purchase one early on, and the rest will likely be found in supply pods or dungeon drops, and then purchase energy tools when I find them and scrap the rest.