Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Account creation is FUBAR  (Read 1958 times)

sixit

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Account creation is FUBAR
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »

:o

What doofus decided that only rocket scientists and oceanographers should have access to this forum?

How many planets are in the solar system depends on who you ask: The answer can range from eight to ten or more.

Define "major" as it relates to oceans, Mr./Ms. Doofus.

Did you know that responses requiring a numerical answer can be answered either using digits or the spelling of the number?

This is a PERFECT example of how NOT to do anti-spammer verification! No one should have to spend five minutes on Google to find answers to questions, nor should someone have to try every permutation of each possible answer, either.  A captcha and a verification email should suffice.

Jeeesh.

Damaged Neko

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Account creation is FUBAR
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »

1 agreement not to mention as of 2000 it has be noted that there are now 5 major oceans not 4 <.<;;  it was reworked, i checked my atlas ^.^

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »

Better than how many fingers a human hand has, then getting the answer wrong  is that extra digit a finger or a thumb!

Captchas are not the answer they are very easy to get wrong because they have so much noise in the image that are hard for humans to read, but noise is easy for any image processing program to remove.  Text recognition is actually easier for computers than humans.

Use a question about Planet Explorers that can be easily found by reading the Pathea website, like is it a sci-fi RPG or a travel blog.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:38:21 PM by yarnevk »

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:25 PM »

Oh dear god... please don't tell me this is a petition to bring back the old system...  No... I don't wanna go back to the dark ages, where every day were we were banning 30 every time we got on for spamming.   Please no no no...  I like this system... i've gotten...  2? spambots since they converted it...
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Silentone98

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »

whaaaaa? did I really answer those questions when I created this account? I don't remember...

I guess I am both a rocket scientist and a oceanographer!

oh wait,.. I remember... Wiki answered for me. So much for my new job :(

Gazz

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • is personal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »

If you can register on the forum, you're overqualified for playing the game. Life sucks.

Elenoe

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

but they are right. Questions here are.. difficult. Not hard to know but very questionable at least (many of them really are "depends on whom you ask"). Also add some language barrier. I almost knew the answer to my question and I still was not able to put it right.

Brenelael

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »

:o

What doofus decided that only rocket scientists and oceanographers should have access to this forum?

How many planets are in the solar system depends on who you ask: The answer can range from eight to ten or more.

Define "major" as it relates to oceans, Mr./Ms. Doofus.

Did you know that responses requiring a numerical answer can be answered either using digits or the spelling of the number?

This is a PERFECT example of how NOT to do anti-spammer verification! No one should have to spend five minutes on Google to find answers to questions, nor should someone have to try every permutation of each possible answer, either.  A captcha and a verification email should suffice.

Jeeesh.
Insulting the person programming the system should get it changed right away for you.  ;)

aluinie

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »

I just joined the forums and although it does make you think i found it ok just added an extra minute to registering and a bit of googling.