My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Images not showing  (Read 2806 times)

BadManiac

• Settler
    • View Profile
Images not showing
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »

I'm having a weird forum problem. Images aren't showing up in posts. Only images that are actually attached are visible. Linged images with the IMG tag don't show up at all. Running Firefox 26.0, anyone have any ideas?

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Images not showing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »

I still need to contact the server admin on this one.

BadManiac

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »

Ok, then it's not a problem on my end. Thank you Zifei.

Andrew_C

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »

Just want to confirm that I also experience this issue when using Firefox 24.2 ESR, but not Opera 12.16 or IE 10 and that it is still occurring.

Daimond

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »

Some times this is due to a setting you or your browser my have setup, sometimes can just be a firewall/antivirus a setting that says do not load images by 3rd party such thing. So what this does is if the pictures are not stored in that website but linked from another you will not see them from the linked.
Internet Explorer use to have this setting in an old version, I think Fire fox did as well. as for others I have found AVG to do a lot of strange things, and when removing that from friends systems it fixed a lot of problems. Not saying you have AVG, but weather its free or not, just a opinion on that :)
Best thing to if you can not find setting for this is to sort out what is the problem is to try a few different browsers, if problem persists, then turn off any anti-virus, if still not then firewalls and such things. Only do this on a trusted site :) but slowly changing and turning things off you should discover what is the problem.

BumpInTheNight

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »

This images not loading issue has been bugging me for a long time now.  I'm using FireFox 26 and I've gone to the measures of disabling adblock & ghostery for the forum to no avail.  I know the links are to image hosting sites but they're all fine and I use those other sites regularly without trouble on other forums.  Its this forum vs Firefox it seems and its not always which is the frustrating part, Internet Explorer renders things fine.

In order to see what people are talking about I have to do a quoted reply and copy/paste the links into another tab to load the images because it doesn't even show the links inline with their posts.

Rocy7

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »

I also using Firefox and I also have the same problem. On IE everything works just fine.

GrndZero

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »

If you upgrade to Firefox 28, the issue should be fixed. I had this problem also. Upgrading to 28 fixed my issue.

Matticus88

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »

Had this issue for months and months. As posted HERE http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=2670.0

BumpInTheNight

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

If you upgrade to Firefox 28, the issue should be fixed. I had this problem also. Upgrading to 28 fixed my issue.

Just updated the 28, same non-loading of inline images.

Tiberiumkyle

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »

Using Firefox 28, also not seeing images.  This is the only place I've had such issues.

Djindaar

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »

I made the same enquiry lately. I was advised that one solution is to use Google Chrome. Not a great fan of Chrome tbh, but, it does work. So, I now just use Chrome only for visits to this forum, (Firefox for everything else) and all pictures and Spoilers now display correctly.

BumpInTheNight

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »

These seems to be the same for derivatives of Firefox as well, I'm using Pale Moon now because I've had enough of Firefox's business decisions and its still the same issue.